Pokémon Avant

Role play no jutsu!

Polly does not want a cracker, Polly wants to roll the 20-sided dice.

Any of you interested, Roleplays and anything related can be created here!
Krawdaunt
Pretty in Pink
Pretty in Pink

Pokémon Avant

Post by Krawdaunt »

Oberon

This was not how Oberon imagined the start of his journey. This was not how he imagined the start of his journey at all. He imagined himself finding a few friends to take on the Avant league challenge with here in Jadeton. He'd somehow find a map of the region and then him and his teammates would find the road to...Omaha City? He thought that's what the people in the registration office called the city with Jade Territory Gym... Anyway, they would find the path to Omaha City, train, and catch some Pokemon along the way and then partake in his first gym challenge. Oberon was nervous and anxious enough about each of those events. Trying to gather up the courage to meet new people seem like enough of a challenge. Fighting his first gym would also most likely prove to be a challenge as well.

But this...he was not expecting this at all.

They had all just gotten out of the registration office naught but a few moments ago. They had gone through the most lengthy, mindnumbingly boring orientation where the dumped a ton of information to all the trainers. At least for Oberon, a lot of it did not stick. It was just too much information to process all at once. He remembered bits about the Gym Challenge, something about Sync Aura, Sync Leak maybe? After the lengthy orientation, they and their one Pokemon were finally registered to the league. They had only taken a few steps before hell on earth broke loose.

Jadeton was known to be a quaint eastern themed town. All the roads were made out of cobblestone, many if not all the buildings had jade green pagoda roofs including the Pokemon Center. Patches of bamboo were interspersed throughout the town. Just North of the town was some sort of forest that had been named during orientation, but the name escaped Oberon. Jadeton reminded Oberon of a mini version of Malie City. Perhaps it took some influence from there?

Well that was Jadeton before hell on earth started up. Currently multiple pink and green imp Pokemon were tearing the town apart. Oberon had seen pictures of these Pokemon before in books. They were Morgrem. He knew they were devious Pokemon that weren't at all known to be friendly, but this was on a whole 'nother level. Morgrem were ripping apart buildings and stalls, chasing and attacking locals, and just being all around big pest. Perhaps what was most distinctive of these wild, unruly Pokemon were there abnormal glowing red eyes. Oberon was pretty sure that the Morgrem he had seen in books and videos did not have ominous glowing red eyes.

Oberon wanted to do something to help...but for some reason he couldn't act. He was all frozen up. All he could do is just watch the chaos unfold.

As if it weren't chaotic enough, the northern gate crashed as something just straight up walked through it.

phpBB [media]

That something was vaguely humanoid and very tall. Seemingly tall figure was completely covered in long thick black hair. Both it's arms and legs seemed to be entirely made up of the long thick black hair. This Pokemon shared the same ominous red glowing eyes that the Morgrem had. In addition, it exuded a malicious black and red aura.

"GRIMMSNARL!!!" the Pokemon bellowed

THAT was a Grimmsnarl?! There was no way that was a Grimmsnarl! Oberon had read that the Pokemon were human height... This Grimmsnarl was like 3 times the size of normal Grimmsnarl. On top of that, its appearance was wildly different. Grimmsnarl were known to be hairy, but their face, feet, and some of their chest was exposed. Nothing on this behemoth was exposed.

Wait a moment. Ominous black and red aura? Controls legions of Pokemon? Was this a Berserk Pokemon? This was the thing that had been mentioned in orientation!? Didn't they say these were super rare!? Didn't they say these things were like impossible to beat!? They said to run away if we saw one of these things and let the league handle it!!! But this thing had emerged from the forest, the only exit to Jadeton! Where were they suppose to run? What were they going to do!?!

As Oberon continued to freeze up, he failed to see an oncoming Morgrem about to bite him...
Off Topic
Just to have some orientation, Avant League Registration Office is in the center of Jadeton. Jadeton rest on a peninsula of sorts. To the south of Jadeton is the port and docks. East and West of Jadeton are East Jadeton Beach and West Jadeton Beach respectively. As described above, North is the now destroyed Jadeton Gate which leads to Nephriti Forest. Welcome to Avant!
Crimson Wyvern: Okay fine, I'm trash.
Forever Memorialized [9/8/2015 7:33:22 PM]
Reapinginprogress
The VOID

Re: Pokémon Avant

Post by Reapinginprogress »

Grey

After a long boat trip they had finally arrived at the Avant region. Grey had decided that they needed to look the part when they set foot upon this new land.

So far they had a crisp white dress shirt, with a black waistcoat over the top. They had a teapot and tea cup cufflinks holding their sleeves together. Around their neck was a red cravat. They had wondered if the suit jacket would be a bit too much. Perhaps for today, especially looking at that sun.

Smart dress trousers a dark belt around their waist, with a finely detail pokeball holder. Two pokeballs sat upon it.

Their dapper look was somewhat ruined by the hat, it wasn't even a top hat, it was simply a cap. However, it was something that they had been given their parents.

Earl was staring out of one of the porthole as the waves whooshed up past the porthole and then sank again showing a beautiful scene.

The ghost sloshed about excitedly.

"Earl...you haven't left a surprise for them have you?" Grey asked.

The Pokémon look around and smiled.

Grey raised an eyebrow.
"Teateateateatea!" The little teapot ghost's laugh chattered.

"Earl?" Grey gave a warning.

More laughter joined in, and Grey felt a headache starting as the boat's once usable tea set was no more.

"I better not get charged for this Earl!" Grey grumbled, before returning the tearror to they're pokeball.

As they stepped out off the ship into the glorious weather outside, it was perfect for flying.

They took the other ball from their belt, threw it and released Corviknight.
The bird waited patiently.
"Legend, I need you to get this letter to dad and Key." Grey said, adding the rolled up letter into the pouch upon the armoured bird's leg. "Here's also your pokeball back."

The bird waited and Grey smiled "Alright Legend, no need to worry, I'll be fine." Grey hugged the bird Pokémon, whispering quietly the next bit "It's my first day, I doubt there will be any problems, they'll come later I am sure. But I will have friends by then."

As the wannabe trainer ended the hug, they Corviknight took to the sky and on its way back to wherever Grey's parents were headed now. There had been a rush to leave Hammerlocke, Grey had hardly got to pack anything, and and the few thing they did get to pack was all what they had left of their previous life.

Whoever it was that Earl had attacked had been looking for someone, and Grey's parents had been horrified by they news. Their dad had acted as if the goons had been specifically after Grey. That had made no sense, Grey hadn't exactly done anything with their life... Quite the opposite in fact.

Watching as Legend flew off Grey now wasn't breaking any rules, apparently you were only allowed one Pokémon to start the league, much to their family's annoyance. Especially because they were going into a blackout between them and their parents. That meant no contact for at least six months, maybe even a year.

This meant that Grey was on their own for that length of time. If their parents were to see anything about them, that would require a major win in this league, to become a champion.

Could they do it? Should they do it? Whatever was going on it was a huge risk to become famous in this region.

Currently they only had one Pokémon and it wasn't like Earl the Polteageist was the strongest Pokémon ever, right? So wasn't worth even trying to think that far ahead.

The most important thing would be to register and honestly just try and enjoy the journey, it had been delayed for them after all.

'Better late than never.' they thought to themself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Grey had just about kept their eyes open through that, admittedly because Earl had topped up their caffeine by letting them drink some of their tea.

Normally it was far more of a special moment between the two... Tea time was always a moment that time would be made for, for the proper brewing, for the food, and conversation, if not a bit one sided. Yet this time, Earl had realised that Grey was in critical.

The wannabe trainer had taken note after note, but the information dump had seemed to be endless, and the voice had been monotone. It was as if to was designed to make you fall asleep.

Grey was less confident about how prepared they would be for this league. Glancing around it seemed like other trainers were facing the same problem.

Many were yawning.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Grey was finally allowed to leave, and their brain felt like mush. They left out a yawn, terrifying a couple of girls who apparently hadn't even noticed they were there.

Earl would normally have laughed but even the prankster seemed to be floating oddly as if they felt their life force had been taken out of them.

"Earl, would you like to stop for tea?" Grey asked. The Polteageist looked around bleary eyed at their trainer.
"Tea tea!" It yawned and nodded.
"Okay, then we'll find a nice cafe to sit down and recover in." Grey said softly. "I'll even get something to eat too."
The little teapot recovered it's enthusiasm, and they clapped excitedly.

Grey exited the registration building and was confused for a moment where they were. The orientation had been so long, that Grey had to remind themself of the rout they had walked that morning.

"Ah Earl, we're in the centre of Jadeton." Grey said to the teapot. "So looking at the map, the cafe I saw earlier must be down one of the streets that lead to the port!"

"TEA! TEA!" Polteageist cried. It wasn't often Earl made a noise like breaking china. Grey looked up from their map, and saw some of the chaos before them.

"Oh shit" Grey said. Oh they recognised this Pokémon alright, Morgrem. "Wasn't expected to be reminded so much of home. We're at the disadvantage already."

The ghost Pokémon seemed to be well aware that a dark/fairy type wasn't good news for them.

"I regret telling dad that everything was fine and that it wouldn't be until later that things could become challenging..." Grey mumbled, not being sure what to do about the growing chaos around them. "Earl, you're going to need to use Nasty Plot, we'll need all the help we can get, and try to stay away from all these Morgrem until I can find someone to help us."

As if being overheard, it was then when they could sight of something they sure as hell didn't want to see.... A gigantamax Grimmsnarl.

"Oh crap!" Great just what they needed.
"Never mind Earl, get ready to Giga Drain that damage away, because if we want to get out of this situation in tact Earl, I need you to stay alive." The teapot nodded at their trainer's concern. This was not a match up the scamp liked.

Urgh what a way to start their adventure! None of their friends had seemed to have this issue when they left Hammerlocke to go on their Pokémon quest years back.
Yet here Grey was already meeting their first beserk Pokémon less than five minutes after getting out of the registration building. Good stuff.

"Hey kid! Do you have a poison, fairy or steel type?" Grey asked one of the trainer's nearby who seemed frozen in place. The kiddo had pink hair and some style! Which in any other moment Grey would have appreciated the level of detail gone into the look. Cufflinks were always a great sign.

Earl was shaking their arms, they were well aware that Grey blended into the scenery better than any ghost could and was probably about to make that pink haired kid jump out of his skin.

"Kid?" Grey asked again, adjusting their black cap upon their head. "What Pokémon do you have kiddo, because I can't do this alone!" Heck even with help they weren't sure they could take this thing on. Back home a bunch of trainers would team up to take on gigantamax Pokémon, and they couldn't imagine that this region would be any different, not judging by what they had squiggled in their notebook.
Last edited by Reapinginprogress on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neo:
How to draw Eeyore:
Step 1: draw depression
Step 2: realize art is meaningless and give up
QuarterCirclePunch
Quarter Pounder
Quarter Pounder

Post by QuarterCirclePunch »

Ty, ty-splo!

About 13 years ago, you wouldn't have expected Davina Silverlight to be making cute faces at her precious Pokemon from the webcam screen on the Pokemon Center phone, but alas- at the Jadeton Pokemon Center, the two-time Pokemon League finalist was doing just that, with her cheerful Poliwhirl resting on her lap making simple bubble noises.

"Alright, alright buddy, let me get a couple words in." Came a voice from the webcam, gently pushing the volcano Pokemon to the side to free the webcam. On the other side of that connection, all the way from Olivine City, was quite a number of Pokemon, all crammed into a small apartment. A Magnemite and a PorygonZ floated above, an Empoleon waved from right in the back. You could even see a Mamoswine in the window of the apartment. In the center of it all, was another twenty something unemployed millennial human- Clyde Columbus. Former Rocket grunt, former International Police unit, and all around nice enough fella to room with. "Y'all registered for the Avant League?"

"Yep, I should be good to go." There was a certain excitement in Davina's voice, one that hadn't been there for a long time. "They don't give you a starter in Avant like in the other Leagues, so I'm probably gonna head to Nephriti Forest to catch a new friend."

"Oh fun, another mouth to feed." Clyde grumbled playfully. "Well, y'all better be paying the grocery bill when you get back. Bad enough I gotta shake enough berry trees for the bottomless pit that is yer Typhosion."

"You're such an idiot! Just message my Rotomphone if you need money wired over. With the battles I'm gonna be winning, you can call me your sugar mama." Davina playfully petted her poliwhirl, who bubbled at the affection.

"Reckon' I liked you better when ya socked Crim one, this optimistic Davina ain't doin' it for me." Clyde snidely commented, chuckling under his breath. "Well, stay safe. Win one for us."

Davina watched as the entire apartment started waving at her. She laughed, as her and her poliwhirl waved back at the gaggle of Pokemon. "Ciao!" As Clyde hung up, Davina was feeling energized.

"Right, time to earn that W!"

---

Davina left the Pokemon Center, her long legs made it hard for her little stubby companion to keep up, as the tadpole waddled behind her.

"Well Sab, we're in a bit of a predicament." Davina scratched her head, looking at the town map of Jadeton. "Even if we did team up with another rookie trainer, the Gym Leader specializes in Grassy Terrain. And while you're adorable, you don't have the best track record going up against Grass types." Saboteur sighed, only knowing and recognizing the truth.

"That's okay though, because all battles in the Avant League are Double or Triple Battles." Davina was also reading a pamphlet that she got at orientation. "We just need to get a powerful bug or fire type in the Forest, that way you can provide sleep support!"

Though, Davina was unsure if the Forest would even have any Fire types. This wouldn't have been a problem if she could've brought Ravager with her...the Fire type was loaded with some of the most powerful fire moves available. However, Saboteur has super bad separation anxiety, Davina really can't swap him out of the party for long. While Sab is quite strong for a Poliwhirl, he's nowhere near the same power level as other members of Davina's old teams.

"I wonder if any Scyther live in Avant?" Davina thought aloud. Scyther and Scizor could be great Pokemon for her Badass Fem Fatale image...she kept imaging all the weird poses she could do with them. Suuuuuper badass.

"B-BERSERK POKEMON! THERE'S A BERSERK POKEMON AT THE NORTH GATE!"

Davina suddenly switched gears, some of the trainers she was at orientation with were fleeing the way she was headed. From the blobs of pink Pokemon clinging to the gate to the slightly bigger pink and green mons destroying buildings. Though the biggest one of all was the all black Grimsnarl, radiating a red aura.

While a number of trainers were fleeing, two of those trainers faced the giant- either out of fear or stupidity. While one trainer had a Pokemon at their side, the other was about to get attacked by a rampaging Morgrem. Suddenly, Davina's instincts kicked in.

"Sab, waterfall, go!" On his trainer's command, the Poliwhirl's swirly belly started to shoot out water. Saboteur flopped onto his belly, rocketing toward the mid-stage gremling Pokemon, and hitting it hard with its head, before rocketing upward with its palms doused in water, letting loose all the water it built up in a skyward waterfall.

Davina grabbed the frozen trainer's wrist in the meanwhile. "Nope, we're not touching this today. Both of you, we're getting out of here. NOW."
If CERA was the DK Crew, I'd probably be the first member, the leader of the bunch that you know well, and I'd probably be back to kick some tail. - probably me
Neopolis
Angry Jarate
Angry Jarate

Post by Neopolis »

Elend had never been one for listening to long-winded speeches. She preferred giving long-winded speeches. Sitting and listening for so long had made her fidgety, drumming her long nails on the table and slightly sliding her chair back and forth. For how long could this person prattle on about the exact rules of the Gym Challenge? Beat the gyms, Double and Triple battles, Terrains, whatever! None of that stuff actually matters! You win fights by reducing the enemy's health to zero! While she remembered almost nothing that was said prior to this point, she quickly returned to full attention when she heard two magical words come from the instructor's mouth.

"...something we call Sync Aura."

Her eyes widened, her posture straightened, she was all ears. This is what she came here for. Gingerly rubbing the bracelet on her wrist, she listened to every word in the otherwise boring speech. Sync Aura, an actual physical energy that manifests when you and your Pokémon are in sync. An effect drawn from deep within, a manifestation of your personal energy, likely to be unique to you and you alone... She couldn't believe it was real!! It was like something straight out of those shows she liked to watch about really buff men who like to monologue and yell at eachother! And she could actually manifest a power like that with this little bracelet? She could empower Siegfried with it, and let him do awesome unique moves? She was getting utterly giddy at the thought of it! Her and Siegfried were super in sync! The Bisharp had taken to mimicking her complex poses as she monologued. A lack of fingers made them look slightly less cool on him than on her, but it was still super badass when he did that! This region was gonna be great! Nothing like the Unova League! Strangely, many other people in the class weren't as excited as her, as some were visibly nodding off. Fools! If she ever ended up facing any of them in a League battle, she'd be sure to remember that for some sort of scathing taunt.

Full of wild ideas and devoid of concrete plans, Elend exited the registration office. This was so cool. She even got to name her aura. She had named it Burning Spirits of Darkness Evil Eye Eclipse Aura. It wasn't really her preferred name, but she'd found out there was a 50 character limit on these things. So did the lady at the desk who had to punch these names in. Hmph! Clearly nobody else in this league has ever heard of flair! Clasping onto her only occupied Ultra Ball, she pondered what her Aura might look like, and what would be the best way to find out. However, her fantasizing was quickly brought to an end by a panic breaking out in the real world.

Looking up, she saw the cause of the ruckus. It certainly was an unexpected scenario. A bunch of red-eyed demons were tearing the city apart. What! She didn't think this would go from 0 to 11 so soon. Many people, even trainers, were panicking, but Elend couldn't just walk away from this opportunity!

She'd never seen these Pokémon before. "What in Hades' name are these creatures?!" Elend reached for her PokéDex, a Unova model with two screens that extends when you press a button. She held the dex horizontally next to her face and then pressed the button so the screen would extend right in front of her eye. That was the way she always gauged an enemy's power level.

"Morgrem, the Devious Pokémon. Dark/Fairy Type. When it gets down on all fours as if to beg for forgiveness, it's trying to lure opponents in so that it can stab them with its spear-like hair."

"Oh....." She was a little awe-struck. A trickster Pokémon? A dark type that was also a fairy type? And they've got magical hair and glowing red eyes?? A smile formed, and her expression became determined.

"King of Blades, our pact binds you!", she shouted, clutching her Ultra Ball in a trembling hand before throwing it. "Siegfried! Come forth!" A Bisharp appeared from the glow, in a practiced pose of being half-kneeled with one fist struck to the ground, deftly standing upright and surveying the situation.

"To think that fate would drop such a fierce foe into our lap at the dawn of respite's end... An omen! An omen... of our success! Strike with blades of cold iron, Executioner! We shall enthrall one of these demons to our will!!!"

Something had also broke through the gate, but she could give her attention to that later. For now, she had a clear goal. She had to capture a Morgrem!
[1:06:25] sassymagneton420: synesthesia, bro
[1:06:35] David J Stirling: is that like
[1:06:41] David J Stirling: feeling a feeling
[1:06:45] sassymagneton420: uh
[1:06:46] sassymagneton420: yeah
Blaze Dragon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Blaze Dragon »

Her adventure was beginning. Finally, after so many years of studying and refining her skills, Victoria had taken her step into the Avant region. Having rejected her native Unova, this would be the first time she got to challenge a League and properly become a Pokemon Trainer - a victorious one, as she wished to be. While she didn't let her excitement show in her face, it was definitely there, subtle but powerful.

Rather than just letting her travel immediately though, every Trainer was first given an orientation on what the Avant Region and its League were like, as well as the unique Sync mechanic of the region. Other Trainers were clearly uninterested, but not Victoria, who knew that all information would be helpful. So rather than dozing off, she took off her pen and paper and carefully wrote down notes. Every single important point was meticulously written down, in penmanship that could only be considered "perfect"...which was rather surprising considering how damn fast she was writing. But she couldn't miss anything, even the smallest detail could prove critical. Of course, she had studied most of this already, she wouldn't start her journey without proper information, but there was stuff there she did not know, and even what she did know, could definitely use the refresher. After all, if it was repeated here, then it had to be important!

With the lecture done, Victoria was made to name and register her own unique Sync Aura. It was quite a weird thing, utilizing said Sync Aura was not possible outside of Avant, so she and likely, most here, wouldn't really know about it. Giving it a name with such a lack of knowledge felt incorrect, what if the name wasn't fitting? What if the name failed to properly explain it? What if, at a time most critical, she had to call out said name and the name was so bad that it ruined the coordination between herself and her Pokemon or another Trainer? After all, this League encouraged teamwork, which made it even worse! It gave Victoria bad flashbacks of when she caught her first Pokemon, naming that Pokemon took ages because she just could not decide what name would really work...and she didn't even catch it for herself! It was to be traded for the Pokemon she did team up with, whose name was, thankfully, not chosen by herself and thus far easier...although it was kind of a tacky name honestly, she wasn't all that fond of it, but official rules all over the world stated that traded Pokemon couldn't have their nicknames changed so she had to accept it.

...Anyways, Aura! Thankfully, she had already started processing that doubt during the lecture (while at the same time keeping up with her notes, such doubt did not stop a perfect student!) so when she got her turn to name it, she did have a name ready. A name that properly encapsulated her wishes as a Trainer. A name that invoked what had driven her into this road in the first place, and her ultimate goal. "Victory Star". Hopefully, she would be able to bring forth a power that lived up to a Mythical Pokemon's Ability. But then again, she had worked herself to the bone for this day. That was the absolute least she could do. Otherwise it'd be betraying the effort that not only herself, but her faithful partner, had put up for this one monumental moment in their lives.

And said monumental moment started with a bang too, as this first town, Jadeton, was now under attack all of a sudden by a bunch of imp-like Pokemon. Victoria knew what they were, she had properly memorized any and all Pokemon for if she had to fight them - or even catch them. Morgrem, Impidimp's evolved form. A Pokemon native to Galar. Dark/Fairy, so no weaknesses Orb could exploit. More importantly though, said Morgrem were significantly more aggresive than their species normally was, and that wasn't a friendly species in the first place. Plus they had glowing red eyes. The orientation had talked about this, it was a phenomenon that happened in the Avant Region. Pokemon that had their aggresiveness greatly raised and showed glowing red eyes - the fittingly-named Berserk Pokemon. They were advised not to fight and to run if it happened, and right now, Victoria wondered if that was the right course of action. Orb couldn't take so many at once, even if he overpowered them, he was a glass cannon to the core, not made for one-to-many fights. But there were so many Trainers here, surely they could band together and win. If they were here, they had to be just like her, Trainers ready for the greatest of challenges, who had polished their skills meticulously for this challenge.

That idea went right out of the window as she saw the Morgrem were not alone. In fact, it was kind of hard not to see who they were with, as said Pokemon was gigantic, and sported the same glowing red eyes. That form...Morgrem's evolved form, Grimmsnarl. But that wasn't an average Grimmsnarl. Victoria had studied this too, that was a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl, a form that normally could only be created by contact with a Power Spot, a Gigantamax. The Avant Region had Gigantamaxes as well, that was not something Victoria knew. It was terrifying right now, but it was exciting as well, knowing that that kind of power could be manifested here as well. But that had to wait, since right now, she had to take action, be it to leave or to fight. Fighting was pointless, rather than a perfect victory, they would get utterly destroyed. But to run away meant to abandon this town and its inhabitants, not to mention, there was no reason to believe the Morgrem would allow them to escape anyways.

No way out, at least, they had to buy time for a proper escape!

"Rise up, Orb!" Victoria called out, throwing a Poke Ball, which released her partner, a Galarian Darmanitan, who quickly stretched out and yawned before checking what was going on. Their strategy was obvious. Flare Blitz was a last resort, burning through Orb's HP was not going to be useful here. Zen Headbutt was useless against Dark types. Superpower would weaken Orb and make him more vulnerable. The perfect strategy was to join up with the rest, and also keep distance from the enemy no matter what with attacks that had no disadvantages, regardless of power...but Orb could do that and still get powerful blows in. That was the Pokemon Victoria trusted and trained, after all! "Keep your distance! Icicle Crash!" she commanded. Orb answered just as quickly, releasing cold wind as fast as he could. Said cold wind quickly turned into icicles which were now aimed at the Morgrem, one after the other, like sharp swords that were also made of solid ice. It wasn't a move that hit many enemies, but it worked well to buy time since even if the Morgrem survived, they could get flinched.

"Everyone, we need to leave! That Grimmsnarl is too much of a risk!" Victoria exclaimed. It pained her to refuse a challenge but they were specifically told not to even try, and this was a risky battle with the Morgrem alone. It was better to make a retreat, even if it meant sacrificing Jadeton. Victory...was impossible, but only for now, only this time. This time, victory was survival.
Evergreen

Post by Evergreen »

Albert

Albert liked presentations. He had sat through many a number of them while he'd worked for Professor Rowan. Some given by Rowan himself. Other's give by his colleagues and peers. The one's by Professor Birch were a particular favorite of his. The comparatively younger man was always so animated. The person who was currently speaking at the group of trainers who'd barely just arrived was most certainly not. At this point Albert would have even taken a presentation by the perpetually nervous Elm. This speaker, standing on stage right now, had to be worst he had ever heard.

They just had no energy at all, and droned on and on and on in an unbroken monotone. It was so painfully obvious that they did not want to be here, doing this. Their disinterest in turn made everyone in the room disinterested. It was all Albert, and Tor curled up in the seat beside him, could manage to not fall asleep. The three sleepless nights on the ship ride over certainly didn't help either. What a poor time to find out that, not only do you get sea-sick, but you also have a totally irrational fear of sailing. He had hoped getting all the information he was supposed to need about the Avant League Challenge would help him wake back up, but it was not working. Trainer and Pokemon kept having to nudge the other awake.

Worse still, this was all information that he already knew. All battles in Avant were Double or Triple Battles. The Gym's were based around Environments/Terrain. Trainers could only have 4 Pokemon on them at a time, though they had quick access to their PC's for easy switching between battles. There was nothing new here, nothing that was interesting. He'd been briefed on all this before he'd even left Sinnoh, and he imagined the majority of all the other trainers in the room knew it too. It hadn't exactly been kept a secret. The next piece of information though, made Albert perk up a little; Berserk Pokemon

Berserk Pokemon were a whole part of the reason he was here. Why did they become the way they were? Was there any link to the “Sync Aura” that seemed to be an innate feature of Avant; the presentation hadn't quite gotten there yet, but Albert had been briefed on it. Was there any danger of them leaving the region, or could the phenomenon spread outside the borders of Avant? All things he was entrusted with finding out, and reporting back on to the Professor. It was a bit daunting, having something so monumental placed on his shoulders, but he was capable. He'd been the Professor's assistant for eight, nearly nine, years. He knew how to do research. While Albert mused to himself, the presenter continued on to Sync Aura, pulling Albert out of his thoughts.

Sync Aura was another thing he was sent here to look into. Which should prove much easier since he'd have direct access to at least one person who could use it; himself. Why did it mimic abilities of the other regions; like Mega Evolution out of Kalos, and Z-Power from Alola. Why weren't there any references to it in the limited historical texts about the region that had made there way outside it. Was it man made, and not natural. Was it some sort of treasured secret hidden by Avantian royalty, that only after the recent rebellion was made available to all. There was so much to explore, Albert was nearly vibrating at the thought.

As the presentation concluded, all the Trainers were let out into the streets of Jadeton, almost unceremoniously. It really felt like the people in charge of this orientation really just did not want to be doing the job they were doing. Thinking back on it, Albert felt he could have probably given a much better presentation, since most of the information covered were things he had already learned before coming here. Though, he supposed that was a little unfair. He'd had a bit of a head start if he was being honest.

“Well, Tor,” Albert said, scratching the Grovyle's head, “I suppose we should get to work. It'll probably be a while before we run into a Berserk, so I suppose we should get a little training in with Sync Aura. That would also be a great time to look into the habits of some of the Pokemon around here. You feel up for some battles? I know you were zoning out pretty hard back there.”

Tor rolled her eyes, and gave Albert a look that said, “And you weren't?

“I know, I know,” Albert replied, with a bit of a laugh, “But seriously, have you ever heard a more boring speaker? I swear, they were worse than...

"B-BERSERK POKEMON! THERE'S A BERSERK POKEMON AT THE NORTH GATE!"

No way! Berserk Pokemon were supposed to be incredibly rare. For one to appear here, now, right after the orientation... the odds had to be astronomical. This was great! Not even in Avant for 24 hours and he was already going to get a chance to observe a Berserk Pokemon!

“C'mon Tor,” Albert said, pulling out his journal and rushing to the north, “This is a golden opportunity to get our job started off on the right foot.”

Tor took off after her far to eager trainer. If there was one thing they'd focused on during the presentation, it was how dangerous Berserk Pokemon are. But, this was Albert, the best she could do was protect him.

-

As Albert arrived by the North Gate, he found chaos. Morgrem, a Dark/Fairy type from the Galar Region, were running around attacking everything in site. Morgrem were known to be a bit mischievous, much like their pre-evolutions Impidimp, but they were never out right hostile. And they generally never acted in large groups like this. Also, the glowing red eyes were not something Albert remembered reading about.

"GRIMMSNARL!!!" Came a roar from father behind the horde of Morgrem.

Albert snapped in the direction of the bellow, and found it's source instantly. A massive Pokemon, almost three times his height was making it's way into Jadeton. It certainly shared some resemblance to Grimmsnarl, at least the pictures that he'd seen; he'd never had the chance to study one in person. It seemed different thought. It seemed to be completely covered in the strange hair that was said to make up most of the Pokemon's body. Albert began jotting down everything he could.

Berserk Grimmsnarl - Jadeton
-3x recorded ht of normal
-Appear. altered (Mega Evolution?)
-Horde of Morgrem (2 doz. observed)
-Morgrem under influence? (Direct/Indirect?)
----Limit to #?
----Limit to distance?
-No Impidimp?

Just as Albert was about to begin sketching the beast before him, Tor snarled loudly and slammed a Leaf Blade into an approaching Morgrem, which toppled backwards. Perhaps stopping here, out in the open, and completely alone besides Tor, was a poor idea. Quickly observing the area, Albert noticed a group of Trainers who appeared to be in combat with some of the encroaching Morgrem.

“Safety in numbers,” he said, outloud, “Let's go, Tor.”

Approaching quickly, he just caught the end of a quick exchange between a Poliwhirl and a Morgrem which had been lunging at a young kid, who seemed well out of his element. Thankfully everyone else seemed to be mostly collected about the situation, if not necessarily calm.

"Everyone, we need to leave! That Grimmsnarl is too much of a risk!" a red hair girl shouted, thought not in fear like one might expect.

“I hate to bear bad news,” Albert said, as he arrived, “But that's probably gonna be easier said than done. These Morgrem are probably fast enough to keep up with us, and if we stop to fight that Grimmsnarl is only going to get closer.”
It's good to be home.
Ol' Green Nipples
Angry Jarate
Angry Jarate
Location: London, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Associates

Post by Ol' Green Nipples »

Téa

As the boat pulled finally pulled into the harbour, a spiky-haired young lady lazily made her way up to the deck to have a look. Slouching with her hands in the pockets of her baggy trousers, she had a face that screamed "Pssh, whatever, am I supposed to be impressed or something?" as she cast her sights on Jadeton for the first time. With no paritcular haste about her, she shrugged and returned to her quarters, grabbing a cheap-looking sack that contained her belongings and threw it over her shoulder, recklessly knocking it against the sole, peculiar-looking Pokéball around her waist. She wasn't shy about the frustrated grunt she let out as she was swept into the mass of trainers disembarking the ship, shooting a menacing snarl to one poor boy who had curiously look in her direction when she did so. Though she couldn't have been any less interested in some snore-inducing orientation, apparently attendance was a requirement to then register and participate in the Avant League, so all the sour-faced Téa could do was begrudingly follow the crowd onwards into the Pokémon Centre.

Though it may feel repetitive to say, the monotonous presentation on the Avant League's rules and quirks was predictably mind-numbing. Téa rocked back and forth frustratedly in a chair that was very clearly not designed as a rocking chair.
"Get onnnnn with it!" her croaky voice called out from the midst of the crowded room full of trainers. They were all politely listening, or at least being quiet, to this truly direly dull speech, but they were clearly just being Blaziken-shits. Like, for goodness sake, c'mon, not one of these losers had thought to ask the senile guy to even finish his sentences! 'Sink Or A-' this and 'Sink Or A-' that... sink or a what!? Why was everyone just going along with this dumb meeting when even the guy in charge of it cared even less about whatever berserking nonsense he was meant to be telling them about than she did?

Vexed though she was, Téa conceded she was stuck here for the duration. If she hadn't already drawn attention to herself with her rowdy ruckus, she'd have just walked back out the door and gotten the damn registration done with already, but she didn't want to get herself in any trouble or nothing. With an audible groan, she leaned back in her chair and felt her soul decomposing as the lecturer prattled on. Further increasing her irritation was the strange ball on belt, shaking around as annoyingly as its owner. With a grimace, she gave the top of the ball an annoyed flick. It was bad enough that the weirdo inside was disobedient in battle, but it was even unruly in its Pokéball... could she not pretend it didn't exist for even five minutes? Thinking about the partner she was stuck with for the moment only made her mood worse. Hopefully once this registration slog was done with, she could hurry out and catch something else so she'd never have to look at this... thing again...

"What are ya stupid?" she growled, "It's with a little apostrophe thingy over the e! There's no y! Freakin' 'Teyah', c'mon, seriously? You don't got schools here in Avant or somethin'?"
"Aaaand thank you for that, Miss Keahi! Now we just need to register your partner!"
The irksomely perky attendant helping Téa with her registration was met with a swift grimace. So much for the whole 'pretend that thing doesn't exist' bit she had been planning on. Despite her desperation to leave orientation and her general impatience, Téa was now one of the last trainers remaining in the Centre still filling out their forms. Her attitude hadn't been making it easy. She'd been abrasive giving in her personal info, though she'd never admit that was because she'd worry about someone overhearing and remembering her recent disasterous display at the Alola championship. Following that, after a lengthy correction on the nature of 'Sink Aura', she'd just ended up Bouffalantshitted her way through that entire section, pulling the name of her old hangout outside Po Town off the top of her head for naming her Aura. But of course, now they needed to register her Pokémon... all one of them... urgh...

Reluctantly unclipping it from her waist, Téa held up the Beast Ball and unleashed the bizarre creature within. With a flamboyant twirl, it appeared, striking a pose that may have been considered flashy if not for the fact its head fell off and began rolling away. So creepy.
"My, that certainly is a unique partner you've got yourself there!" the attendant laughed, attempting to mask their own unsettled disturbance at this sight, "What's your little bud's name, Miss Keahi?"
Téa scratched her chin. What had she named them again? It had been so spur the moment at the Alola conference, and with everything that happened afterwards, she had locked the memory away somewhere in the darkest corners of her mind.
"Th-their name..." she stuttered, "Well, they're... ya know, they're a weird... creepy little... exploding disco guy..."
The attendant stared blankly for a bit, slowly realising they weren't going to get a much better answer than that, "How unique! It's a little long though, sooooo I'll just write down Guy if that's ok with you, Miss Keahi!"
"Guy... right, that was it," Téa frowned as she watched the head of her Ultra Beast partner roll right out the Centre's door, "I was gettin' some deja vu with this..."

She let out another sigh, but this one was less of an irritated frustration and more... sad. Her mind raced back to simpler times, when naming her Pokémon had been so fun and personal. She remembered being a little kid and naming her first partner, a Grimer... her parents said that Hunkagunka wasn't a real name, but that little guy loved it. She remembered setting off on a proper journey after big sis encouraged her, and her first real capture. Gosh, she missed Abe. She missed Hunkagunka too. She missed the lot of them. Maybe her friends were right, maybe she was being selfish, running off to Avant. Was it really too late to go home and try to fix things? Things with the Aether Foundation had really gotten messy, but maybe if she just sucked up her pride and went back, she could--

Her bitter trail of memories was shaken off course by the interruption of a rabble of screaming outside.
"Aw malasadas," she scowled, shaking herself back to reality, "Sounds like someone found, uh, Guy." Indeed, she watched as the flailing body of her Pokémon scurried away from her out the door, in search of their head. She rolled her eyes in annoyance and turned back to the attendant, "Yo, put a pause on my stuff for a sec, I gotta make sure that lil' creep gets back in one piece."
"We're more or less done here anyway, Miss Keahi!" the attendant shrugged, a displeased Téa tapping her foot impatiently as they continued, "But it sounds like there might be a commotion outsi-"
"Alright, alright whatever dude!" she called as she hurried away, turning back briefly to give a surprisingly polite and mellow wave goodbye in the traditional Alolan fashion, before exiting the building right into another mess.

A swarm of unfamiliar Pokémon seemed to be attacking the town, led by a large, even more unfamiliar creature.
"Oh snap," Téa scowled with shock, "They got Totems here too? And down in their towns even!? Where the heck is that balloon-headed weirdo!?"
As some younger trainers dashed by attempting to flee, she tripped one up for trying to shove past her. Rude kid. But as they fell, she caught sight of her Blacephalon past where they had been blocking her vision. The little creep was dribbling his head like a basketball and casually prancing around between the attacking Morgrem. As always, it was just one big game to that bratty alien. Hesitant to actually chase after a Pokémon she didn't even particularly like, Téa's attention was grabbed by a sudden flashy display, as a Poliwhirl knocked one of the impish attackers sky high.

The Waterfall technique was effective, but sprayed a bit of water out around the area, some of which splashed against the onlooking trainer.
"URK! COME ON!" she roared, far more disgruntled by her slightly wet hair and shirt than the invasion of these berserk Pokémon. Her eyes darted around looking for the Poliwhirl's trainer, spotting a group of trainers nearby. Red in the face from anger and embarrassment both, (despite the fact that her top was only wet enough to annoy her, not expose her) she stomped her way over to them, not thinking enough about her intimidating gait to stop herself giving another Alolan wave, "HEY! Which one of you freakin' perverts think now is an appropriate time to go around gettin' cute girls like me all wet n shit!? You got no priorities or somethin'? Huh? We should be stompin' these chuckleheads to the curb, not startin' wet t-shirt contests! What's wrong with ya!?"

Hearing their trainer's voice, Guy's body did a cartwheel over to her side, standing upright in another flashy pose. Their head dropped down from above perfectly into place, though how it'd gotten so airborne in the first place, who could say... She chose to ignore him.
Krawdaunt
Pretty in Pink
Pretty in Pink

Post by Krawdaunt »

Oberon

"What Pokémon do you have kiddo, because I can't do this alone!"

Some guy around his age was in front of him asking him something, but Oberon couldn't even process what he said. He was still in shock with everything happening. Billions of thoughts questions raced through his head. Was he going to die here? Why was there a Berserk Pokemon now? He needed to do something, why wasn't he moving? What could he do? Should he send out Titania? What could Titania do in this situation? Would they die here? Would it all be futile? He needed to snap out of this and do something, why wasn't he doing something!? Even if he were able to act, what would he do!? Questions continued to race through his head, preventing Oberon from acting and paying attention to the oncoming Morgrem...

Luckily for him, a Poliwhirl seemingly appeared out of nowhere using waterfall to blast the Morgrem the imp Pokemon into the air. Before Oberon could even question where the Poliwhirl had come from, he felt someone grab his hand and pull him back. This sent enough of a shock through his system to snap him out of his thoughts for the moment and look directly at his savior. She was an older woman, with a pixie cut, red leather jacket and jeans. Her look contrasted that of the very formally dressed guy that had tried to speak to Oberon earlier.

"Nope, we're not touching this today. Both of you, we're getting out of here. NOW."

Oberon, now out of his own head, looked around. There were actually quite a few trainers around him. Outside of the older woman and neatly dressed man, there was some lady yelling about a wet t-shirt accompanied by a headless Pokemon he had never seen or heard of before. Additionally, there were two female trainers attacking the oncoming Morgrem. One used a weird white Darmanitan attacking nearby Morgrem with ice? He had never seen a Darmanitan, a fire type, using ice type moves before... The other eccentric lady was using a Bisharp that viciously attacked a nearby Morgrem. While Darmanitan attacked, the Darmanitan lady warned everyone to leave the area.

“I hate to bear bad news, but that's probably gonna be easier said than done. These Morgrem are probably fast enough to keep up with us, and if we stop to fight that Grimmsnarl is only going to get closer.”

Another man with disheveled dirty blonde hair, arrived giving his own input. Watching all these trainers act made Oberon feel inadequate. How were they able to just react to this situation before them? He felt so overwhelmed! There were so many Morgrem scurrying about. There was the Berserk Grimmsnarl that was now destroying buildings. How were they able to keep so focused? There were so many things that needed to be dealt with at this moment! What should he be doing in all this? Should he be fleeing to save his own life? No that seemed super selfish, especially after this lady presumably saved his own. Should he be fighting? He had Titania but there was no way Titania could take all these Morgrem! There was too many of them? Yet if he didn't use Titania the group might fall! But if he did use Titania, the group might fall anyways and then Titania might fall! The thought of Titania dying...No, he couldn't think about that! Oberon was scared...but he knew that he needed to help. He was officially a trainer of this league challenge. He should be doing something, right!? The image of a lifeless bloodied Titania on the ground... No, he couldn't think about that! The image of his own bloodied lifeless corpse popped up. He wanted to have an adventure like his mother....but he didn't want to die here. What would happen if his father found out he died on his journey? He'd be left all alone. Oberon couldn't do that to his father! But Oberon also couldn't just do nothing! He needed to do something! He was wasting so much time! He should just send out Titania! But at the same time, he didn't want Titania to get hurt! But he also did not want to get hurt! But he did not want to let the other trainers down...He also didn't want them to get hurt either! But as the other trainer pointed out, there was nowhere for them to really run!!!

Thoughts began to race again. What was should he do? What was the best course of action? What was he supposed to do? How could he best help everyone? What was he supposed to do? What was the ideal solution to this problem they all faced? What was he supposed to do? What should he be doing now? What was he supposed to do? Why wasn't he doing anything right now? What was he supposed to do? Why could he not think of an answer? What was he supposed to do? Why couldn't he do anything? What was he supposed to do? Why couldn't he do anything? What was he supposed to do? Why couldn't he do anything? What was he supposed to do? Why couldn't he do anything? What was he supposed to do? What was he supposed to do? What was he supposed to do? What was he supposed to do? What was he supposed to do?

As Oberon asked himself this over and over again, he could feel his heart pounding through his chest. He couldn't breathe...

Grimmsnarl and Co

After crashing through the North Gate and summoning a legion of Morgrem to attack the city, Grimmsnarl inexplicably found itself angered by one of the nearby buildings. Unwinding it's hair armor, Grimmsnarl sent its hair appendages to strike the nearby building and watched as humans and Pokemon alike fled the building as his hair pierced it. The Berserk Grimmsnarl was not about to let the fleeing humans and Pokemon escape his wrath so easily. The hair around his other arm began to unwind, readying to stab trainer and Pokemon alike...

Meanwhile, Darmanitan's Icicle Crash had managed to attack two of the nearby Morgrem who had been indeed sort of flinched by the attack. However, given the groups collective inaction, the two Morgrem recovered and they certainly weren't happy with the Darmanitan. The two Morgrem had their eyes set on Orb. Both Morgrem dramatically stretched out their arms towards Orb, charging dark energy in the palms of their hand. The two Morgrem simultaneously released pulses of dark energy directed at Orb. A third Morgrem was about to join in on the action, but found himself struck by the metal blades of the Executioner, Siegfried. The possessed Morgrem was skidding across the ground. The blow was obviously very effective. Any sane Morgrem might try to flee from such an opponent. But, with Grimmsnarl controlling the Morgrem, the Morgrem got up and readied to attack. He was to cause chaos, as Grimmsnarl was ordering them. Morgrem ran up to Bisharp as if he was going to attack....

...and then bowed to the Bisharp begging for forgiveness. While looking very sorry for his actions, Morgrem's hair pierced the ground behind it and snaked it's way through the ground...
Crimson Wyvern: Okay fine, I'm trash.
Forever Memorialized [9/8/2015 7:33:22 PM]
Reapinginprogress
The VOID

Post by Reapinginprogress »

Grey

A woman with a Poliwhirl turned up and saved the pair from danger... briefly. She grabbed their hands and dragged them away.
Running was one thing they could do before coming up with a plan.

“I hate to bear bad news, but that's probably gonna be easier said than done. These Morgrem are probably fast enough to keep up with us, and if we stop to fight that Grimmsnarl is only going to get closer.” a new trainer had turned up.

The chap wasn't wrong, because Morgrem were swarming and they were going to be in a spot of bother.

"HEY! Which one of you freakin' perverts think now is an appropriate time to go around gettin' cute girls like me all wet n shit!? You got no priorities or somethin'? Huh? We should be stompin' these chuckleheads to the curb, not startin' wet t-shirt contests! What's wrong with ya!?" a spikey haired girl snapped at them. Since Grey wasn't said pervert the young adult ignored the aggressive comment about it and the wet t-shirt contest. Curb stomping was what they all needed to do though.

"Earl" Grey said calmly. The teapot had used nasty plot as they followed their trainer. "We're at the disadvantage, but use Shadow ball and save Giga drain for later."

Grey glanced over and saw that the dapper child was still frozen in place.
"Hey Kiddo... look at me. You're going to be okay, you've got all of us with yo." Grey said calmly, resting their hand upon the younger smartly dressed kid, reassuringly. "Breathe. Now, inhale, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, now exhale, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. Rinse and repeat okay."

A morgrem was approaching their trainer. Earl unleashed a Shadow Ball to protect the pink haired kid and Grey. It wouldn't defeat it, but as long as it kept the Morgrem at bay until Grey was finished that's what mattered.

"That's it Earl keep up the good work!" Grey grinned at the little teapot pokemon. "We're going to have to work together to clear a path and grab anyone along the way...since we're going to have to take care of that Grimmsnarl eventually."
Neo:
How to draw Eeyore:
Step 1: draw depression
Step 2: realize art is meaningless and give up
TheMightyScroup
Pretty in Pink
Pretty in Pink

Post by TheMightyScroup »

Nathan

"You guys don't have coffee here or...?"

"Sir, this is a tea shop."

The barista pointed to the sign above the cash register. Intricate calligraphy swooped down the chalkboard to read 'Avantea Co.'. Nathan shook his head--even Galar double-dipped into the coffee game for tourists' sake. Whatever. He eyed the listings and settled on a small iced Tropius brew--something from back home to get him into the swing of things.

Nathan bitterly parted with the 200P. Diligent note-taking and policy review really got him in that university mindset. Nothing quite satiated the cram session like coffee overflowing in his veins. The Nanab-tinged aftertaste of Tropius leaf would have to substitute.

"Alright, here you--"

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!"
"BERSERK POKEMON!!"
"Not now! Not on my lunch break! Anything but this!!"

Pandemonium not a second later. Before he could reach out and accept the tea, the barista dropped it in shock. Grass-green liquid splashed over Nathan's shoes, though thankfully Nathan had mind enough to wear something utilitarian before staking out on the journey. The barista then pointed in shock to the source of her surprise: a Morgrem vaulted over the siderails of the tea shop's patio. Its pike-like hair lashed back and forth, sweeping cups to the ground and toppling chairs. It smashed a Pikachu-shaped cookie with a fist.

"Berserk pokemon? Like the phenomenon exclusive to this region as outlined by the orientation lecture?!"

"What?!" The barista looked at Nathan like he was an alien.

"Oh, and can I get a nap...kin...?"

Not one to go down with the hourly wage ship, the barista dove behind the display of store-brand teas for cover.

If the Morgrem had goals, Nathan couldn't be bothered to guess them. It ambled around on its oversized green feet, slapping things off of tables and cackling like a miniature madman. On one of the tables sat a yellow laptop, its Klink-patterned wallpaper jostling to the home screen after being bumped by the fairy-type's prehensile hair.

"Hey! No! Back off! Get your greasy follicles away from there!"

The Morgrem spun around, locked eyes with Nathan, and cackled. It hovered a fat magenta finger over the keyboard.

"You little shit," Nathan muttered. He pulled a plain-faced pokeball from his pocket. "Fine, if you want to play games."

'My entire life's on that computer. Thesis outlines, Avant region map PDFs, my library of tasteful-yet-unfinished fanfiction....'

"Go, Dracovish!!"

Nathan chucked the pokeball towards the tea shop's patio. A flash of light spilled forth, then a glowing silhouette materialized into the hunched profile of his mysterious partner pokemon. He caught the pokeball on its rebound and turned to smirk at the nonexistent crowd that had either bailed out the side door or hid behind the pastry display.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" Dracovish bellowed, drool flying from its large jowls.

"Okay! Uh, wow, still not really...used to that. But whatever! Use your super special patented Fishious Rend technique, buddy!"

Despite its bulk and odd proportions, Dracovish bolted forward. It opened its jaws even wider, the rock-hard gills on the side of its skull flaring out. Chairs, tables, tea, and abandoned backpacks went flying in its wake as it reared back its head and struck Morgrem like a flail.

The dastardly imp didn't even have time to flinch. Dracovish hit it from below, thrusting it airborne at a near-vertical angle. Nathan didn't have the pleasure of seeing where Morgrem landed, he only had eyes for the laptop that had bounced precariously to the edge of the table. Slipping on tea-soaked shoes, he slid on his belly and turned to catch his precious hardware face-first as it tumbled over. One of the edges caught him in the eye, but at least his cargo made it out unscathed.

"Okay, okay...now what?"

"Gggaaahhhhh...." Dracovish groaned.

Nathan stood up and glanced back to his pokemon. Dracovish's head hung lower than usual. It rasped for breath, unable to continue even for a moment after expending so much energy on its powerful Fishious Rend (TM) technique. Sympathetic to his pokemon's innumerable issues, though reluctant to go into this alone, Nathan recalled Dracovish back to its ball. He then zipped his laptop up in its carrying case and stuffed it into his backpack.

Trainers and pokemon alike took to the streets to fend off countless more Morgrem. Pinched between storefronts, the feral imps hemmed in one group of trainers as a handful of others managed to pick a few off from the rooftops. Nathan didn't know what the pokemon wanted--nor did he particularly care to find out, much as it did pick at his answer-seeking brain. Fieldwork always had the consequence of sometimes getting a little too dicey. Live specimens and all. He'd make a retreat, maybe hold out at the western beach. A small avenue to his left offered a potential escape route.

Could Morgrem swim? They had human-like body types, but he suspected their hair might weigh them down. Could be the safest bet, considering the unrestrained freedom they wrought from smashing flowerpots and stabbing through windows. Maybe the trainers could work together to commandeer one of the yachts Nathan had spied on the ferry in. He didn't exactly know how to drive a boat, but he had ridden a Sharpedo back during his brief stint in Alola. Same idea, right?

"Teens!!" Nathan called out to all of the much younger-looking trainers that had stepped up to bat. "Listen up! We gotta bail, it's too dangerous! The beaches might be our best chance!"

As he attempted to hop the patio fence and make a dramatic getaway, the soaked-through soles of his shoes caused him to slip and tumble ass-first onto the pavement.

"N-Nevermind. I'm just...yeah."

He considered crawling into an adjacent street to avoid the eyes of judgmental trainers and miscreant pokemon; however, a dark green foot slammed into his ribs and sent Nathan sprawling. Another Morgrem cackled, sneaking up and taking advantage of a downed idiot.
Blaze Dragon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Blaze Dragon »

“I hate to bear bad news, but that's probably gonna be easier said than done. These Morgrem are probably fast enough to keep up with us, and if we stop to fight that Grimmsnarl is only going to get closer.”

That was the only answer Victoria's proposal got. She didn't blame the other trainers for being too focused on survival to pay attention, but that the one answer was someone pointing out the obvious didn't exactly make her happy. She was fully aware of how bad the situation was. That's why she sent Orb to fight, to buy time so the humans could take their leave. Recalling Pokemon was easy enough after all, but they needed to hurry up, before the Gigantamax Grimmsnarl got too close. If it did, that was game over, no doubt. It wouldn't just be four KOs and getting kicked out of a den, that's for sure.

"I'm aware! We need to buy time and find an escape route!" Victoria answered. She had no idea who had talked to her, beyond being a male voice, and it genuinely didn't matter. Right now, they were all in it together. Any disorderly conduct could lead to infighting, and infighting would spell sure defeat. Teaming up with a bunch of people you didn't know wasn't easy, but at the same time, wasn't it the point of the Avant League, which emphasized teamwork? It was weirdly fitting that way, and part of Victoria's brain absolutely saw this as her first test in the road to glory...but most of it was still focused on not losing her very first battle in the region, and not breaking the rules that were set for her, in this case "do not try to face a berserk Pokemon". Thankfully, another Trainer had also focused on the running away efforts, and had even put another step forward in finding an escape route.

"Teens!! Listen up! We gotta bail, it's too dangerous! The beaches might be our best chance!"

That was the plan, then! But first, Victoria needed to focus on the two Morgrem that had let loose their attacks at Orb. Thankfully, despite his bulky look, the Darmanitan was actually quite agile, and dodged both with an impressive run and jump. This was followed by more Icicle Crashes against the beasts that attacked him. There was no need for a command on that, Orb knew how Victoria's mind worked, he had to continue the offensive until the situation changed. They were pretty in sync after so much training, thankfully.

"Orb, keep it up but slowly retreat! Our target is the beach!" Victoria stated, preparing to turn tail and run at the first possibility. She was, meanwhile, scanning the whole area, trying to find where would be safest to run to to get to said beach. A victory condition made things significantly clearer, thankfully!
Evergreen

Post by Evergreen »

Tor

The reasons for Tor to dislike Avant just kept piling up. First off, the air tasted funny, nothing like anywhere she'd ever been before. Secondly, the place just sounded dangerous. There had apparently just been a war. She only had a vague idea of what that meant, but it never sounded good no matter who explained it. Thirdly... well... it just felt off. Maybe that just circled back around to the air tasting weird, but it really felt like the whole land was giving off a different energy here, and she did not like it. Now, on top of all that, a bunch of ill-mannered little brats had decided to run amok, accosting property and person alike, and her Albert had rushed right into the middle of it.

Tor had learned a long time ago that she could not stop Albert. She just had to be there to protect him when he did something foolish. It wasn't always easy, but he was her boy and that what a good... good Pokemon did. They protected their trainer. Even if their trainers ran headlong into danger on a regular basis with no regard for their own safety, especially then. And even more especially when that danger was compounded by other people.

Now, groups could be good. That was one thing Tor had heard that she liked about Avant. As she understood, it was generally expected for Trainers to work together here. If she could find the right person to watch Albert's back, she would be very happy. Groups, however, could also be bad, and this one seemed to be leaning toward that. The indecisiveness and arguments had started almost immediately. One of them, a very loud young woman, was even accusing another of intentionally getting her wet; was this really the time?

Albert, unfortunately, hadn't exactly helped either. Bringing up the obvious fact that this group was unlikely to outrun the Morgrem, was not what they needed to be focused on right now. If they got going now, they could still out run the much larger Grimmsnarl that was still marching toward them at a steady beat. This was unfortunately easier said, than done.

At the centers of this mass of inaction was a poor boy, who's fight or flight response looked to have totally failed him. He stood stock still, just staring, while his breathing increased rapidly. Tor felt a desperate pang to run over and comfort the child. However, she couldn't be emotional support, and play defense at the same time. Thankfully, one of the other Trainers, whom no one had really seemed to notice yet, offered their assistance. This was good, at least someone had presence of mind to take charge of something.

"Teens!!" And older man shouted, as he moved past the group, "Listen up! We gotta bail, it's too dangerous! The beaches might be our best chance!"

Perfect, yes, an actual adult. Everyone here was barely more than a child, even the oldest ones. This more experienced gentleman should be able to manage the situation. Tor had full confidence right up until the running man fell ass over end as he tried to vault a fence. Worse though, was the Morgrem that ran up and kicked him in the stomach. The nasty little things were getting around them, and that was the worst possible thing. You did not get encircled by a predators. If you did, you were done.

Tor chirped loudly, hopefully getting more than just Albert's attention. Minds needed to be made up; Fight or Flight? Tor knew which she would prefer, but it had to be decided now.

---------

Albert

"I'm aware! We need to buy time and find an escape route!" The girl snapped back, not even turning to face him. Honestly, a little rude.

Before Albert could make a reply Tor's frantic chirping caught his attention. As he turned around he saw a Morgrem standing over a man who was sprawled out on the ground.

“That's bad,” Albert said, aloud, “Tor, Leaf Blade.”

Tor was already in motion before Albert finished talking. The leaves that hung from her wrists stiffened, extended, and glowed with a faint green light. Rearing back as she closed the distance, she slashed. It connected right with the back of the Morgrem sending it flying over top of the man and right through the fence, the wooden stakes snapping as it flew.

“Huh,” Albert though, “That might help slow the Morgrem down.”

"Orb, keep it up but slowly retreat! Our target is the beach!" The Girl shouted, presumably to the large, white Darmanitan who was currently engaged with a pair of Morgrem. A Glaraian Darmanitan! Albert had never seen one up close before. He'd have to ask for a better look... and now was not the best time for that.

“Hey,” Albert called out, “I think the backyards might be our best bet. If we can stay just ahead of the Morgrem we can slow them down on the furniture and fencing.”

As he turned back around he gave Tor the command to use another Leaf Blade, hitting the area around where the Morgrem had just been thrown through. More fencing broke away leaving a hole that, while large enough to walk through, would force the Morgrem to bunch up, and be sitting Duckletts, if they wanted to take the easy route. Otherwise they'd have to climb the fence, and that would take them a few seconds. Climb the fence, or get attacked in the choke point, either way they'd have trouble keeping up.
It's good to be home.
QuarterCirclePunch
Quarter Pounder
Quarter Pounder

Post by QuarterCirclePunch »

Davina

Well, Davina didn't exactly end up taking off and escaping quickly. Unfortunately the young trainer who she tried to rescue started having a panic attack. Not only was that problematic, but a number of other trainers started fighting the Morgrem. Were the trainers in Jadeton just supposed to deal with giant berserk Pokemon every day?! To be frank, Davina saw enough giant Pokemon in Johto...

The dapper kid that was standing next to the panic attack kid was assisting in the panic attack kid's panic attack, which was good. Dapper kid's teapot pokemon was also providing cover with shadow balls. Then there was Darmanitan girl, who had shown up just a bit after Davina, using the snowball ape to pelt Icicles on the Moregrem from a distance. Backyard Boy had warned the group that the Morgrem were probably going to catch up to them, and suggested going through the back yards in order to get though to the beach, which was obviously the safest place thanks to an older gentleman yelling it out. Finally, punky girl had received a bit of Poliwhirl's waterfall drizzle, and had given Saboteur quite an earful. Oof. The punky girl had a weird alien Pokemon that was dancing earlier.

Meanwhile, while Sab had dealt with one Moregrem, another rushed toward the tadpole. Using its mitten hands, Sab pushed the fairy Pokemon from getting too close, and prepared a fighting stance. It eagerly awaited its trainer's instruction.

"This kid is having a panic attack, if we retreat without a plan he's a sitting duck for the berserk Pokemon." Davina firmly explained to any of the trainers near by. Davina placed her fingers upon the top of the locket she was wearing. "We have to create a distraction...so we can safely escort him to the beach."

Pressing down on the top of the locket released Davina's Sync Aura, Paradigm Shift. A red swirl invoked on the top of her head, as blood red cherry blossoms gently drifted around the former spy. The same effect was present on her Poliwhirl, as Sab was a bit more shocked as the red leaves falling gracefully around him. It was enough to provoke the Morgrem into hitting Sab with an Assurance attack with its hand. While Poliwhirl was knocked back from the attack, it landed on its feet as the red energy built up near its legs.

"Get your Pokemon to round up the Morgrem in front of my Poliwhirl! I think I can buy us some time, but I'm gonna need some help." Primarily addressing Dapper Kid and Punky Chick, but hoping Darmanitan Girl and Backyard Boy would come back and lend a hand too. This was Davina's first time using Sync Aura, and she hoped it would prove useful for the time being.
If CERA was the DK Crew, I'd probably be the first member, the leader of the bunch that you know well, and I'd probably be back to kick some tail. - probably me
Ol' Green Nipples
Angry Jarate
Angry Jarate
Location: London, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Associates

Post by Ol' Green Nipples »

Téa

The sheer nerve of these jerks! Not only had they gotten Téa soaked like that, but now they were just ignoring her, chatting among themselves in the midst of this chaos. And was the overly-dressed one trying to teach the jittery one how to count? It was growing ever more apparent that priorities were not the strong suit of this group of rude trainers.

"Hey, I'm talkin' to you-" she began with a snarl. However she was suddenly interrupted by the sudden panicked appearance of an older dude nearby.
"Teens!!" the gaudy-looking weirdo in the loud shirt called out, "Listen up! We gotta bail, it's too dangerous! The beaches might be our best chance!"
Though an interruption like this would usually just anger her more, Téa fortunately found her bad mood subsiding slightly after the entertaining sight of this bozo prat-falling to the pavement immediately after his dramatic plea.
"Heh," she smirked down at him, "Enjoy the trip, bro?"
She got a kick out of swift karma coming to yellow-bellies like that guy. So too, it seemed, did Guy, who snickered alongside their trainer in a rare moment of solidarity. However, Téa did not continue chuckling alongside her partner when the oafish human struggled his way up only to be knocked back down by one of the attacking Pokémon; that was a little much.

"Orb, keep it up but slowly retreat! Our target is the beach!" one of the rude trainers, a younger, ginger-haired girl called out.
What the heck was an Orb? The way she called it, it must have been a nickname. Poliwhirl were somewhat orb-ish, Téa supposed. If this was the offending water-type's trainer, Téa found herself even more annoyed if on top of that, she too was a coward attempting to flee.
"Pssh, come on, like running with your tails between your legs will do any-" she began, before finding herself interrupted again, this time by some messy-lookin' four-eyes about her own age.
“I think the backyards might be our best bet. If we can stay just ahead of the Morgrem we can slow them down on the furniture and fencing.”

The Alolan punk's brow furrowed in vexation. She'd been soaked, ignored, interrupted, no one had bothered to politely return her Alolan greeting, and now they were all getting ready to selfishly run away from their problems without confronting them for the better of those around them like any responsible trainer should do. Who does that?! ...And why was powerlessly watching it unfold hurting her so damn much?

Clenching her fist and biting her lip, Téa was a hair's breadth away from giving whichever one of these cretins was closest a knuckle sandwich, be they trainer or Morgrem. However, she was stopped in her tracks by the firm voice of a woman.
"This kid is having a panic attack, if we retreat without a plan he's a sitting duck for the berserk Pokemon," spoke the flashy lady in the red leather.
Perplexed by this, Téa's gaze darted around until she caught sight once more of the jittery dude that was learning to count. He did look like he was freaking out a bit too much now she thought about it...
"Legit...?" she muttered aloud, reconsidering herself, "Damn, okay, that's some next level shit."
"We have to create a distraction...so we can safely escort him to the beach."

Téa clenched her face, grinding her fist into forehead with a humbled shame. Here she had been about to lecture these guys about their priorities when really it had been herself too blind to see that one of em had been left practically defenseless by anxiety. A trainer being skittish and indecisive was one thing, but if this kid was legit on the verge of a breakdown, then this chaotic scene was no safe place for em. She was almost glad for the interruptions now, because boy she felt shitty enough even without having vocalized it all as intended.

Suddenly, a tastelessly lurid light appeared shining off of the lady in red. Téa's eyes followed the bizarre red sparkles over to a similar spectacle... around the Poliwhirl that had splashed her before. Though she was no Aether scientist, it wasn't hard to put two and two together that this sensation must have been that Sink Aura the orientation had mentioned, the Avant region's special battle gimmick connecting trainer and Pokémon's hearts or whatever, like Z-Moves back home. Logic dictated then, that this cool-headed chick in red was the trainer of that dang Poliwhirl.

"Get your Pokemon to round up the Morgrem in front of my Poliwhirl! I think I can buy us some time, but I'm gonna need some help."
Though Téa's gut instinct was to go back on the attack now that she had found who was to blame, her head got the better of her for once. Without perceived cowardice to point the finger at, she realised fully well that getting the kid with the nervous breakdown out of here was the true priority right now. If the Poliwhirl gal was actually just taking charge of the situation to help the brat out, then she could probably forgive a damp top this one time. With a frustrated sigh directed at herself for once, she finally calmed down a touch.
"We'll buy plenty of time," she grinned to the Poliwhirl's trainer with a feigned cockiness as she strutted up beside her, "Once we lay the smackdown on these nasty lil' dudes!" She looked over past her shoulder to her casually swaying Pokémon, "Hey, disco fever, get over here will ya?"

Though Guy's trainer was always so mad about being interrupted, she certainly didn't seem to mind interrupting the Blacephalon's merry jigs herself. What a rude human. Trying and failing not to show their sulking grumpiness, Guy stomped over in an exaggerated manner mocking Téa's earlier approach to the group, looking up at her with their big dead star-shaped eyes.
"Don't give me that look, ya little creep," she glared at her Pokémon in disdain, "Just do what you're told and drive some of those other lil' creeps this way with a Dark Pulse!"
Though the dirty look between the two continued for another few seconds, Guy eventually just did a silly twirl and shrugged it off, choosing to be obedient for once for the sake of having more fun with these fascinating Morgrem. Stepping forward into battle, they detached their head and held it in their right hand, winding it back as it began to glow with a shadowy energy. With the dismembered head giving the nearby Poliwhirl a quick playful wink, the arm swung forward and rolled it towards the nearest group of Morgrem like a bowling ball. With this bizarre method, the shadowy energy built up in Guy's head burst out in a dark ring-like pulse right in the midst of the enemy congregation.
Neopolis
Angry Jarate
Angry Jarate

Post by Neopolis »

Shortly after rushing headlong into a Pokémon battle, Elend did become aware of the giant Grimmsnarl and the panic it was causing. Trainers were yelling, and she noticed a bunch of the people who were in the lecture with her making escape plans. Foolish! There would be time for escape later, this couldn't wait.

The Bisharp, Siegfried, had been released from its Poké Ball and taken in the chaotic scene. Its steel gaze landed upon a Morgrem that seemed to be chewing up a sign. The Morgrem looked up, its eyes blood red, and, as is tradition when two people lock eyes, a silent challenge was issued.

"Siegfried, my steadfast knight!", the trainer called out. "These mortals wish to retreat! But our bloodlust has not yet been sated!" She dramatically clutched onto her elbow, her hand twitching erratically. "Make haste! Their onslaught is overwhelming, even your blades will dull if we were to face all of these demons! Strike relentlessly, let us finish this decisively, so that we may..." She glanced at the group of trainers who seemed to be mostly panicking and yelling at each other. "...abscond."

Despite the unnecessarily flowery language, Siegfried understood the orders, and wasted no time in rushing towards the Morgrem, Naruto running towards it with surprising speed for a warrior entirely covered in steel. The blades on his arms began glowing a pale white as he delivered a devastating Metal Claw attack, knocking the Morgrem off the sign and causing it to roll across the ground.

Fully expecting his target to make a speedy recovery and counter, Siegfried rushed forward after the rolling fairy-type Pokémon, intending to deliver a follow-up attack. However, his blade faltered as something unexpected happened.

The Morgrem was crying loudly. Tears endlessly streamed down its gaudy gremlin face as it was hunched over on its hands and knees, and it made a pathetic sobbing noise.

W-what? That's not what the knight was expecting from a supposedly berserk Pokémon! His hesitation was brief, but it was long enough. While Siegfried's guard was lowered, the Morgrem clutched onto the ground with its claws and tensed its back. Darkness engulfed its body, and then released a pulse of negative energy outward, causing significant damage to the Bisharp despite its resistance to Dark moves. Siegfried stumbled back and faced his attacker. The pesky gremlin had tricked him! It had gotten to its feet just fine, and its wicked grin made it very clear to Siegfried that its emotional outburst had been fabricated. And he just... fell for it!

This made Siegfried a little upset. Why, actually, he was so upset, it felt as though his attack stat had raised by two levels!

Elend, sadly, wasn't quite focused on the battle. While she was very determined to catch a Morgrem, the main reason she came to this region was the allure of the Sync Aura. As such, she got distracted when a spunky-looking lady suddenly began to surround herself with a whirlpool of energy. What?! She'd already figured out how to use her Sync Aura? Who did she think she was, the main character?! Elend was unaware of the irony that her being so distracted by Davina's Sync Aura made her distinctly more out of sync with Siegfried. The lady spoke in a commanding tone.

"Get your Pokemon to round up the Morgrem in front of my Poliwhirl! I think I can buy us some time, but I'm gonna need some help."

What a glory hog... She had no intention of complying! "A bold ploy! But I shan't settle for less than a decisive victory against... this Morgrem in particular!", she pointed at the Morgrem, whom she only now noticed had knocked Siegfried off balance, but also unwisely defied him. Ah! She should've been paying more attention, but... Ufufufu... From the look of rage in Siegfried's eyes, she could tell what was about to happen. She only hoped that the berserk Pokémon was aware enough to realize what a mistake it had just made!
[1:06:25] sassymagneton420: synesthesia, bro
[1:06:35] David J Stirling: is that like
[1:06:41] David J Stirling: feeling a feeling
[1:06:45] sassymagneton420: uh
[1:06:46] sassymagneton420: yeah