Dot.Smash Eclipse - RP Topic

Role play no jutsu!

Polly does not want a cracker, Polly wants to roll the 20-sided dice.

Any of you interested, Roleplays and anything related can be created here!
QuarterCirclePunch
Quarter Pounder
Quarter Pounder

Re: Dot.Smash Eclipse - RP Topic

Post by QuarterCirclePunch » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Soluna

Kai-Lan certainly looked...familiar. Soluna couldn't really put her finger on it, but the warrior definitely gave off some familiar vibes. Ruby Researcher had also appeared, introducing herself. The small shack was starting to get crowded the more people were shoved in. Soluna might've been feeling nervous, but she was definitely showing off a cool front...even after Ruby showed up. She was one of the two big names in the guild, as she previously hailed from the Wishblades...and while Soluna didn't know it, the other big name was currently knocking on Banjo's door right now

Soluna opened the door to see Invictus. Yet another high profile player who used to run with the House of Villains. His character didn't look too far off from the original Ganondorf. Soluna politely bowed, "Hey! Welcome! Thanks, uh, for coming!"

The house looked a lot bigger when she was in here alone, but with her six guild members AND Tempus, the place was a bit cramped. After a few more minutes of mingling, Soluna began the very first Guild Meeting of the Eclipse Dragons...

Eclipse Dragons (Swift as Wind)

"I'm uh, pretty new to this whole 'leadership position' thing, so before I start, I'd like to say...thank you all for joining with me." Soluna bowed toward her entire group. It was a little embarrassing, but Soluna felt it was appropriate to address the people she'd be adventuring with for the next little while. As she returned upward, she opened her menu and got out her Powerpoint Presentation (what, you think Banjo and Kazooie were the only things Microsoft lent to Smash World? C'mon.)

"I'll be brief, we don't have a lot of time here." Soluna's expression changed, as she used her Falchion as a pointer to guide the presentation along. "It's been one week since the reset and the guilds crumbled..I'm certain it won't stay that way for long. Eventually, a new dominant guild will bust forward just like the Wishblades did upon Smash World's release. As we speak, Light Guilds and Dark Guilds are trying to work their way back into prominence, with the only successful mixed guild focusing their efforts on new players."

Soluna showed off some pretty impressive Smart Art and Graphs showing the statistics of some of the major guilds, and essentially where the playerbase is right now. With up and coming Dark Guild logos appearing on the left side of the slide, and Light Guild logos appearing on the right. Only two mixed guilds appeared in the middle.

"Well, The Flame Lancers have surged in popularity recently, they actually aren't the strongest Mixed Guild in Smash World right now." Soluna took her Falchion off the Red Lance logo, and pointed it at the guild logo slightly above it. A Palm Tree Island with a Lightning Bolt striking it... "The strongest mixed guild has been off the radar, but has been creeping their way up the guild ladder, currently the 10th Strongest Guild in the power rankings right now."

"The Tropical Thunders are a legacy guild, it's been around since the reset. Hell, its a three year old guild. The best part? The guild only has two active members." The next slide in Soluna's powerpoint showing off the member list, including both the guild leader and its strongest member. A lot of the other accounts seem abandoned, with levels at lvl 1 that are shown thanks to the reset. The top two, however...

The Guild Leader, Yazma, is a Diddy Kong classed character. He's...not actually all that impressive, I think a lot of us are already passed him in level." Soluna circled around the guild leader's name with her sword, before directing it toward the second name. "No, the real menace in this guild is Gregg Tropikong, he's...got some pretty impressive stats, to say the least."

"I've fought Gregg Tropikong in a duel, he's got a mean right hook. He's got speed to spare, and he's played an awful lot of this game. However...he's essentially alone if we challenge their guild to a battle. Between the seven of us, the battle might be HARD FOUGHT...but it's DOABLE."

"If we, as a guild, pool our different strengths and weaknesses...and manage to WIN a Guild Battle against the tenth strongest guild, it'd rocket our guild ranking. The Eclipse Dragons would be a major mixed guild! We'd have influence, we'd inspire people to give up this light and dark power struggle and work together. It'd take far less time to just fight these two players than to do all the other guild stuff. We've got good weapons, we don't need to grind raid bosses or events a bajillion times to get more."

Soluna finished her presentation. "I've got a way to get in contact with the Tropical Thunders. My friend, Tempus, knows a guy who knows a guy." Soluna pointed to Tempus, who was awkwardly mid bite into a delicious slice of fruit cake. "I can get this fight prepared as soon as possible, but I hope I have your support if I do. Because...I can't do this alone."

I have to trust people again.
If CERA was the DK Crew, I'd probably be the first member, the leader of the bunch that you know well, and I'd probably be back to kick some tail. - probably me

Neopolis
Angry Jarate
Angry Jarate

Post by Neopolis » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:04 pm

Soluna began talking about their goal, but honestly, Elend wasn't paying attention. She'd gone uncharacteristically quiet. Her Mogall had alerted her to someone approaching, and he'd knocked politely and entered the room. Elend was no longer registering anything else that happened after that.

"I-is that... Could that be... That's..."

Her heartbeat climbed to unhealthy levels. She wasn't sure how effective the VR capturing software for the game was, but the face she was making in real life was undoubtedly very silly. But how could it be otherwise? That was him! That was Invictus, The King of Evil from the House of Villains, the coolest guild around... How did he end up in a dump like this? She knew, of course, that Invictus had quit the game, but she hadn't heard anything about him returning so soon! She hadn't exactly been keeping tabs on his online status... Cause he never accepted her friend request... Any of them, really...

Oh, crap, he was standing RIGHT NEXT TO HER! Ahh!! Crap, she probably didn't look cool at all right now! She was making a terrible first impression! He was looking at Soluna, and not at her, so it was fine for now, but she had to save face while she could.

She crossed her arms in a very cool and aloof way. Yeah, that'd do it. "Hm," she uttered sagely. She tried to focus on what Soluna said as well. She also wouldn't make a good impression if she didn't understand what the guild's plan was! She managed to piece together that they were to fight a man called Greg Tropikong, which would apparently boost their status for... reasons. She didn't catch that part, but it was fine. Soluna probably knew what she was talking about, she seemed like the kind of person who'd figure stuff like that out. Regardless, Elend was excited at the opportunity to show off in combat.

"Fuhahaha!", she struck a pose and cackled. "What a cruel mistress is fate for Greg Tropikong! To think he finds himself opposed to not just the Dark Lord Elend, but the full might of the Eclipse Dragons... One can do naught but pity his lot in life!" Wait, was that too much? That wasn't something she normally asked herself, but she didn't want to make Invictus think that she was trying to one-up him or anything. In a much more meek voice, she added: "...because the King of Evil Invictus is there with us, so that's a big help, of course..."
[1:06:25] sassymagneton420: synesthesia, bro
[1:06:35] David J Stirling: is that like
[1:06:41] David J Stirling: feeling a feeling
[1:06:45] sassymagneton420: uh
[1:06:46] sassymagneton420: yeah

TheMightyScroup
Pretty in Pink
Pretty in Pink

Post by TheMightyScroup » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:58 pm

'Whoa. It's THAT guy!'

Or girl? Qwote could have swore the feared Ganondorf-class of guild-breaking status identified as a girl in their scant crossed paths. Whatever! Not his place to judge, really, and this no-name Guild could use some firepower.

'Taking 'new server, new me' one step above, huh buddy?'

Invictus overshadowed the other group members a bit. It relieved Qwote to see the gang enjoying the fruitcake he'd mashed together from local reagents. Soluna seemed to have a knack for drawing a crowd--easy enough to run a few background searches on usernames from the archives engine to see which of the new guildmates bore reputation. RubyResearcher returned hits on the old Wishblades dossier. Elend? A hot goth nobody. Kai-Lan had a history of solo play, though Qwote now recognized him from a ten-second video that achieved small-time meme status before the reset.

Qwote held himself in check as their fearless leader proposed a battle plan. He ran another background search on this Gregg Tropikong and didn't find anything beyond the deets Soluna provided. How what essentially qualified as a guild of one offered a gateway to the rop-ranked mixed guilds totally flew over Qwote's head. So long as this dorky kong player didn't insanely powerlevel in the last few days, they'd overwhelm him on numbers alone.

Beat trying to edge out the Flame Lancers at least. Qwote had history with one or two of the players. Not like their old guild survived the server nuke, though bad blood had a way of finding him if he gave it the chance. They had no reason to offer him a conciliatory energy tank, all things considered.

"Sounds good to me! Let's slap this monkey," Qwote signed. He held the monkey pose, arms folded in, and did a little jig for emphasis.

Blaze Dragon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Blaze Dragon » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:06 pm

A new member had entered the guild house. Invictus...he seemed to be a big deal, since Kai-Lan recognized the username. To bring an important name like that in, maybe this guild was worth Kai-Lan's time after all, if only to get him close to such strong challengers.

More importantly though, Soluna had explained what said guild's goal was. It was definitely a goal Kai-Lan could agree with, too. He already knew of the Flame Lancers, a name he was more than ready to pit himself against, but then Soluna said that someone stronger existed. Not only that, but "someone" in the most literal way, just one player with such power to pull ahead of whole guilds. However, one thing just did not work for Kai-Lan at all. Just one little thing, a thing that seemingly neither the goth nor the mute had any problems with.

"Man, that's just boring though."

Soluna probably wasn't expecting that answer. Kai-Lan wasn't hiding anything with either his words, his tone of voice (a mix between "meh" and "why") or his pose, with his hands behind his head.

"You got whooped by this guy, right? And you want revenge by piling up on him? L-A-M-E. Lame!" Kai-Lan exclaimed, slowly moving his arms down, as his face changed to a determined, but challenging, glare and smile. "So instead, I'll do it myself. One-on-one, as it should be." he added, now pointing at himself, his arrogance in clear sight. "You can take the glory or whatever, I just want my fun. Man, just thinking about it, I'm getting excited!"

Evergreen

Post by Evergreen » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:15 am

It only took a few seconds before the door was answered. A Marth player stood before him, who looked quite strange without the traditional cape. She appeared to have donned a scarf in in it's place, since that would have occupied the same neck slot as the cape would have. This was most definitely Soluna, his new guild's leader.

“Hey! Welcome! Thanks for coming,” she bowed as she spoke.

Invictus nodded, put off slightly by the formality, “Apologies for my late arrival.”

Internally he breathed a sigh of relief as he entered the hut. It looked like things hadn't quite gotten started yet, minus the Fruit Cake that appeared to have been served. This meant that he was not nearly as late as he'd feared he was. He slid into a vacant space in the admittedly cramped hut next to a very oddly dressed Pokemon Trainer. It seemed to have been left there intentionally, despite being a bit removed from the door.

After a quick introduction, Soluna began her presentation. An actual, bonafide, Powerpoint Presentation. Hadn't he had enough of these in class? At least he knew how to parse through them for relevant information, and Soluna didn't seem to be half-bad at public speaking either. Though her info-graphics felt a bit cramped; a little to much information in one space. He barely managed to discern which guilds specifically were in what rank.

He did manage to catch sight of The House of Villains on the lists, they were sat nice and pretty near the top of the Dark Guilds, as he would have expected. They were also lodged at a solid seventh in the Overall Guild Rankings. It looked like his aunt's departure hadn't affected them too adversely at all. They had already taken advantage of the reset it seemed, and climbed as quickly as they possibly could. His mind probably would have wandered a bit farther if it the Pokemon Trainer hadn't kept glancing over at him.

She tried to be subtle about it, but Invictus had gotten good at figuring out when he was being stared at; both over the course of this past week and in school in general. His stomach sunk the more she seemed to stare. He was worried by what this mean. He had a suspicion, and it only seemed more likely as she stared more and more. It was more or less confirmed when Soluna finished her little speech.

“Fuhahaha!” she cackled as she struck an over the top pose, “What a cruel mistress is fate for Greg Tropikong! To think he finds himself opposed to not just the Dark Lord Elend, but the full might of the Eclipse Dragons... One can do naught but pity his lot in life!” She paused for a moment and seemed draw back a little bit, “...because the King of Evil Invictus is there with us, so that's a big help, of course..."

Oh God! She was a fan. Of all the luck he could have had. This was literally the worst case scenario that he could have imagined. This was a 100% DEFCON 1 Situation. He really hoped the VR wasn't good enough to catch all the internal screams that washed across his face in this moment. Maybe this whole guild thing had been a mistake. He could still call it off. He just needed to leave the guild and then ghost them for the rest of eternity. It shouldn't be that hard, he hadn't traded any information yet. Sure, he was a well known account, but they'd have no way to contact him; not like his Aunt's old guild.

NO! This was what he'd wanted for forever. He was finally here in Smash World, and he was with a guild. He could deal with this. It was just one, single, solitary, obviously rambunctious, fan. He could live with it. She'd calmed down a bit after her initial outburst anyway, seemingly having embarrassed herself. He just needed to handle this situation carefully.

'OK,' Invictus though, 'How would a “cool” person handle this.'

It didn't take more than a second for him to realize the only correct answer. He glanced over at the strange girl, and just nodded.

He turned his attention back toward Soluna as he began to form words for his opinions on her suggestion to go after this 'Gregg Tropikong.' Before he could say anything the Ryu player, the one who was obviously dressed a reference to something that Invictus couldn't place off the top of his head spoke up. He seemed to be opposed to her idea.

"You got whooped by this guy, right? And you want revenge by piling up on him? L-A-M-E. Lame!" he exclaimed, slowly moving his arms down, the look on his face was a one of obvious challenge directed at the Guildmaster, "So instead, I'll do it myself. One-on-one, as it should be." He took a moment to point at himself, this guy was obviously very sure of his abilities, "You can take the glory or whatever, I just want my fun. Man, just thinking about it, I'm getting excited!"

Invictus had to concede that the Ryu had a bit of a point. It would be pretty shitty to just gang up on a lone player. But, on the other hand, this guy had apparently managed to rocket his guild to tenth in the Overall Rankings; completely on his own no less. Who knew what he had access too after the reset. Especially if all his now inactive guildmates had up and left all their equipment behind, and easily accessible, like his Aunt had when she'd bailed on the House of Villains. He might have a smorgasbord of Legendary items at his disposal. That was also something that Invictus realized, in this moment, he needed to cover for. They probably expected him to have access to tons of good equipment. He only had the special equipment which allowed for his Personal Final Smash, and the somewhat rare Sharla charm he'd managed to get on a random drop.

“I have to agree with Soluna,” Invictus said, trying to sound at least a little sagely, “Tropikong has obviously been working hard if he's gotten his Guild to tenth overall, on his own mind you, just a week after the reset. He's either power-leveled to a ridiculous degree, or he has access to a ridiculous amount of Legendary gear, or possibly even both. We could be looking at someone who's on par with some of the lower level raid bosses at least, and I didn't exactly leave my guild with all of my stuff.”

That sounded good, definitely, and he covered for his short comings on equipment to boot.
It's good to be home.

QuarterCirclePunch
Quarter Pounder
Quarter Pounder

Post by QuarterCirclePunch » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:00 pm

Tempus finished virtually swallowing the fruitcake, before finally reacting to his former guildmate's plan...which, was solid enough for sure, and on paper would seem like a great way to rise the ranking. But...

Objection! (Still, Move Forward!)

"I think we're all forgetting a VERY important step in your plan, Soluna...and I think you should explain your plan more clearly to your guildmates." Tempus spoke up, eyes dead centred on the Trueblade classed swordswoman. The young woman was overjoyed at some of her guildmates' enthusiasm, her smile quickly faded once Tempus spoke.

"Two guilds must consent toward a Ranked Guild Battle. While, yes, it's theoretically possible that the Tropical Thunders will want to fight you guys...there's no guarantee they'd even accept. I mean, why would they accept an official ranked guild battle against a relatively unknown guild?" Tempus' eyes shifted around the relatively warm house. "Unless, of course, you want to pull off Leviathan's Gambit."

Soluna gritted her virtual teeth. She had a few hidden slides in her Powerpoint regarding the Leviathan's Gambit, but she decided to not mention it in her presentation. Tempus shrugged at Soluna. "C'mon Sol, I don't think it's fair to your guild if you avoid talking about it."

Sighing, the blonde haired guild leader brought up the hidden slide. A guild logo of a long teal snake appeared front and center, and the Times New Roman Header clearly read Leviathan's Gambit.

"Tempus and I used to be members of the Leviathans, a rather shifty guild that focused on finding exploits in the game. The guild actually dissolved long before the Augment system, but a number of its exploits are rather legendary- like the Leviathan's Gambit. The gambit's fairly popular, and pretty easy to execute...but it's technically illegal."

"Four years ago, the gambit was popularized by a notable number of former Don Bomb players who spun off into their own guild to fight against the Flame Lancers. Using a scripted event and a Final Smash, one could force a ranked guild battle during a raid boss. Of course, the trick eventually got easier to pull off, and Nintendo's been quite adept at forcing out the Leviathan's Gambit in newer zones. You'd never get a Gambit going anywhere in Spiral Mountain, for instance."

"But...Tropikong likes to train in Donkey Kong themed zones, which haven't changed all that much since the game's launch. If we get him on the Gangplank Galleon as it launches out to sea, we can lock in a Gambit. The only thing we have to do then is win!" Soluna's powerpoint slide ended, she was less confident at suggesting an illegal move, but the guildmates seemed pretty psyched before? "I've got a man friends with Tropikong's guildmaster, I can set everything up fairly quickly. But...I need you guys to trust me. I won't lose anyone's account, I promise!"
If CERA was the DK Crew, I'd probably be the first member, the leader of the bunch that you know well, and I'd probably be back to kick some tail. - probably me

CrimsonWyvern
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CrimsonWyvern » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:21 pm

As the apparent final member of the team shuffled in, Soluna started her presentation, and Ruby grabbed one of the last slices of fruitcake, watching curiously. The bites of fruitcake weren't really all that purposeful, she was at full HP after all, but it helped to have some passive task to help focus.

PowerPoint, eh? Probably a good sign that she's well-organized. That weapon sheathed at her side... pretty sure it's a Rapier. Light-weight, different bonus effectiveness than the default Falchion, but it's still damage focus on the tip, so she won't have to change up her style. Either she's thought this through, or she's really into the FE Lord theming. Hmm, a two-man guild being the strongest Mixed Guild? And ahead of the stupid Flame Lancers, so it's not strongest by default. Maybe a level-up exploit? But most of the early-game ones have been patched out, so that's awful curious.

Rather predictably, several of the other Eclipse Dragons were faster to reply with questions and comments than Ruby herself. The alleged Dark Lord Elend was one of the first, with an extremely Extra response, calling awkward attention to Invictus, the poor bastard. Ruby arched one eyebrow, her stare a bit judgemental. Her eyes then turned to Qwote, the game translating his signs for her. She pondered on the mute warrior a moment, before her attention drifted over to the oddly familiar Ryu-class, Kai-Lan.

Is he wearing a Weighted Training Gi? Bonus EXP in exchange for a speed penalty, and both are percentage-based. A joke item in lategame, a percentage penalty to speed would've been way too expensive, and you'd only get one extra level-up every few months, probably. But after the Reset? The percentage speed penalty would barely matter, especially with any decent flat speed boosts, and it wouldn't take much to get a level advantage against most opponents. Remembering an obscure item like that and turning it into a borderline game breaker? Clearly, this guy's a genius.

"Man, that's just boring though."

As Kai-Lan rather eagerly blustered in an attempt to take on Gregg one-on-one, Ruby felt her hopes sink deeper and deeper, the usually calm woman showing her disappointment on her face, mouth letting out a soft yet persistent whining groan as Kai-Lan kept carrying on.

"Eeeuuuuggggh..." Nope, he's an idiot.

Mercifully, Invictus spoke up next, responding to both Elend and Kai-Lan. She'd never met him, but she'd definitely heard the name, more than a few Wishblades storming into her lab to demand better gear, more optimized loadouts, just to bring down the House of Villains and their fiercest warrior. Surely a storied veteran like him wouldn't let her down.

Impressive, he kept his cool even after the fangirl, and reacted calmly to the idiot. Maybe he has experience with his reputation preceding him? Shame he didn't leave the House of Villains with his gear, would've loved to see what loadouts I was working against, with my own eyes.

It was then that Tempus spoke up, and Ruby's cheeks flushed with the mildest embarrassment. Here she was, trying to be more present, actually pay attention to this new guild, and she'd not only managed to let every other guild member speak up before her, she'd managed to stay in her head so long that even this guy, not even formally in the guild, had commented. The flaw in Soluna's plan wasn't evident to the researcher, but it made sense now that she knew the rule about Ranked Guild Battles. But what came afterwards was more intriguing.

Leviathans... they don't ring a bell, but I wonder if I've seen exploits they discovered before. An exploit to force another Guild into a Ranked Battle... no external tools, so it's not a hack, but didn't one of those people four years ago get an account deletion? Or was it just a temp ban? And there's a distinction between beneficiaries of the exploit, compared to executors of it, so what I need to ask Soluna is...

Standing up from her lean, Ruby's posture was straight a moment, before returning to a slouch, though at least not against the wall again.

"Interesting plan. Who's going to be using the Final Smash?

Neopolis
Angry Jarate
Angry Jarate

Post by Neopolis » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:25 pm

"The forbidden sorceries of the Leviathan, sealed away by the very Gods...", mused Elend when Soluna talked about the exploit. She didn't understand the mechanics behind it very well, but the idea seemed to excite her greatly. As usual when she got excited, she struck a pose and cackled vigorously. "Fuahahaha! It was foolish to try to hide it from us! Let us release its power into the world once more!"

"Interesting plan. Who's going to be using the Final Smash?", the red girl chimed in from the background.

Hmm... She thought about that for a moment. Since none of them were particularly far apart in power level, it seemed to Elend that there was one main factor to consdier. "Recall that we are dealing with ancient techniques here... It is possible that it has never been tried in a world under the watch of Galeem and Dharkon," she considered. "While I acknowledge the power of the Radiant One, its blessing is not one that affects Final Smash attacks. While Galeem's Overlimit serves a similar function, it is fundamentally different enough that it might not work for this exp-... ritual." Whoops, caught herself slipping!

"Given this, should we not strike with all we have?!" She held a clenched fist in front of her, baring her out-of-place fangs in a grin. "If we are to strike him with a Final Smash attack, then let it be one blessed by a bargain forged in blood and shadow by the Dark Eye Above!" She paused, looking over the other guild members in the room. She figured that if they followed her logic (and her convoluted speech pattern), the others would draw a similar conclusion to herself. Elend continued. "Indeed, many of you bask in the radiance of Galeem... The powers it grants would be wasted on this task. This gambit should be handled by someone blessed with darkness in their heart! Indeed, I volunteer! My Supermassive Black Hole Eclipse will pull Gregg Tropikong into a nightmare dimension... But if his worst nightmare is being bested in a Ranked Guild Battle... Then this is one dream from which he shall not wake! Fuahahaha!"

Of course, there was one other option, and she couldn't not mention it. Invictus was the only guild member besides herself to have a Dark Augment. She was really into the idea of doing this stunt herself, but Invictus nodded at her earlier. She couldn't just brush him aside like that!

In a hasty mumble, the Trainer added: "U-unless, of course... The King of Evil would want to subject himself to this gambit... I-if you think that's better..."
[1:06:25] sassymagneton420: synesthesia, bro
[1:06:35] David J Stirling: is that like
[1:06:41] David J Stirling: feeling a feeling
[1:06:45] sassymagneton420: uh
[1:06:46] sassymagneton420: yeah

Evergreen

Post by Evergreen » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:36 pm

An exploit? First, Soluna had suggested ganging up on Tropikong to beat him, which Invictus could understand. Tropikong could easily have gotten on a level equal to a Raid Boss, like Invictus had said aloud earlier. But now she wanted to use an exploit to get him into a Ranked Guild Battle? She wanted to risk peoples accounts to get ahead? Sure, she said she didn't, but how could she guarantee that something like that wouldn't happen. Invictus did not want to lose his account. He'd only just gotten into the game, this was definitely not something he was ready to do. Before Invictus could voice his concerns, the Pokemon Trainer spoke up.

"The forbidden sorceries of the Leviathan, sealed away by the very Gods...", she began, and boy could she talk. She must really enjoy the sound of her own voice. She did bring up some good points though, even if Invictus wasn't sold on this whole thing, using a Dharkon boosted Final Smash could possibly be beneficial. She was also willing to offer up her own account for this scheme.

"U-unless, of course... The King of Evil would want to subject himself to this gambit... I-if you think that's better..." Elend finished, adopting the strange, reserved voice she had dropped into earlier.

'Of course she would assume I'd want to be a part of it,' Invictus thought to himself, 'I've just got to keep my cool and work this out.'

“If we're being honest,” Invictus said, with a shrug, “I'd like to do this a clean as possible. We're already ganging up on the guy. While I completely understand that as a necessary evil, and believe me, I'm all about necessary evil, I don't want to make the fight any less unfair than it has to be. I have at least some sense of honor.”
It's good to be home.