Dot.Smash Eclipse - RP Topic

Role play no jutsu!

Polly does not want a cracker, Polly wants to roll the 20-sided dice.

Any of you interested, Roleplays and anything related can be created here!
QuarterCirclePunch
Quarter Pounder
Quarter Pounder

Dot.Smash Eclipse - RP Topic

Post by QuarterCirclePunch » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:06 pm

On that day, when the sky fell away
Our world came to an end
In our eyes did a fading sun rise
In the dark, glimmering shadows
Silence grows, in the spaces between
Stretching out beyond time
Rising up, as a chorus of souls finds a voice
Flickering through the void
These little sparks cling on to life
Everyone caught in the struggle
And then the storms of change, they fan the flames
Scattering ashes to the wind

---
Smash World's fifth anniversary event has had a somewhat...rocky start to say the least. With nearly endless amounts of content to see and explore, of course the simple minded users would get super upset after the Great Ultimate Reset. Of course, with Galleem and Dharkon rose high in the sky, people have begun to focus more on making sure their deity of choice rises higher. Light vs Dark, a classic simple minded matchup...I bet any bright eyed Nintendo fanboy would be so enthused by this silly direction...but the ramifications have changed Smash World for the worse.

The moon glew down on Spiral Mountain, one of the brand new Social Zones added to Smash World since the new update. From the very top of the mountain, a lone woman sat. She could see all the major landmarks, all handcrafted and based off the 1998 3D Platformer Banjo-Kazooie. Spiral Mountain was far enough away that she could avoid looking at the ever looming Galleem and Dharkon, the sight of which could just make her puke.

Preparations

The blonde woman was fiddling around though her menus, multiple different tabs were open. Specifically, the profile pages for the six members that joined her guild. The six members that responded to her request for a Mixed Guild...and she certainly got some interesting candidates. She didn't think much of the Dragonball roleplayer or the gothic lolita, other than they'd be good numbers. She worried communicating with the non-verbal Link player...though she was getting two strong members of big, well known guilds as well. All and all, it was a solid foundation, and the seven of them could very well form a great up and coming guild if everything went smoothly.

Just...could she handle such a task?

Strolling though her inventory, she equipped her very best gear and stocked herself full of important items, before finally heading to the DM client. Professionally, she began to type her message.
To: Eclipse Dragons Members
Subject: Important Guild Meeting

Hello all.
The next guild meeting will be held in the Spiral Mountain Social Zone at the Banjo's House landmark. I've set up the Guild HQ nearby in the vegetable garden, but since the guild has yet to raise any funds, we've only got a tent for now. Be careful of the enemies located nearby, that include: Topper the Carrot, Bawl the Onion, and Colliwobble the Cauliflower. I expect you all to be here at 12 O'Clock, Smash World Standard Time.

Soluna.
After writing to her guild, the woman was just about done. She turned her attention to yet another tab open in front of her: the Guild Power Ranking List. Many of them now distinguished by "Light" or "Dark", refining the list to show "Mixed" Guilds really cut the number down. The highest Mixed Guild, of course, was the Flame Lancers, but they primarily dealt with newbie training. They posed no threat, and as Soluna scrolled down the list, she noticed many of the high counted mixed guilds were dead guilds that had old players that weren't pruned from the servers yet. She even noticed her own old guild, the Leviathans. She bookmarked the Guild's member list to look over later.

"Give up. This is pointless."

The woman heard those words, and immediately leapt up from her perched spot, pulling her Falchion from her sheath. Nothing was behind her...just the intimidating stare of Gruntilda's Lair. The woman sighed, before placing her sword back into her scabbard. The virtual wind blew her cape backwards, as she flicked her hair out of her eyes.
Soluna: Arises from the Aether!
"I'm starting to hear things. I think that's enough Smash World for tonight..." Soluna thought out loud. "We've got a lot of work to do tomorrow..."

Opening up one final menu, Soluna logged herself out. Her character disappearing within warp magic.
---
Every soul contains a whisper of light
Gleaming faintly as it dwindles from sight
No escape, no greater fate to be made
In the end, the chains of time will not break
Colors weave into a spire of flame
Distant sparks call to a past still unnamed
Bear this torch against the cold of the night
Search your soul and reawaken the undying light
If CERA was the DK Crew, I'd probably be the first member, the leader of the bunch that you know well, and I'd probably be back to kick some tail. - probably me

Neopolis
Angry Jarate
Angry Jarate

Re: Dot.Smash Eclipse - RP Topic

Post by Neopolis » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:34 pm

"Ohh, check it out! Another Hercudrome."

Two players were standing in an arid grassland. The dry grass was yellow, and the landscape was dotted with red rocks and sparse vegetation. One of the players was a small white dog man, armed with a comically large bug net. The Isabelle-classed boy turned around and emptied his net, holding out his capture. It was a giant dynastid beetle with a red carapace. The player grinned proudly.

The player that was accompanying him was a woman of frail stature, but she made quite the impression anyway. Her garish outfit and hair made her stand out, as well as her bright yellow eyes and sharp fangs, neither of which were remotely normal for a Pokémon Trainer class. She stood with her arms folded, hair swaying gently in the wind. She turned around, facing a creature that had just descended.
Elend heeds the summon!
A floating eyeball hovered towards ground level ominously, tentacle-like tendrils protruding from its grotesque body. A Mogall from the Fire Emblem series, a purple monster class with powerful dark magic and flight abilities. While they were enemies in certain other areas of the game, this one was a partner of the Pokémon Trainer. Despite this intimidating-looking pair, the Isabelle class seemed to feel quite comfortable.

"Just two more of these, Elend, and then I can upgrade my shovel!" The boy Pocketed the beetle and returned to the foliage to look for more.

Elend did not do any foraging of her own. She was standing guard. This area, the Ancestral Steppe, was one she knew like the back of her hand... That is why she had been quite grateful that this young man, Basset, had made a request for protection while he foraged for bugs. The Monster Hunter areas were prime bug catching spots, which were needed for certain crafting recipes. She had dabbled in bug catching herself, as some bugs could be used to make dye items... But never while anyone was watching.

Suddenly, the Mogall twitched and turned in place, peering into the distance as if it detected movement..

"Halt!", the trainer shouted decisively. "Be wary, a wicked beast lurks in the shadows. The Prime Demon's eyesight is infallible!" She turned around to face the suddenly very nervous-looking Isabelle and struck an exaggerated pose with her hands. "Stick to me, mortal, if you wish to live!"

The Isabelle class did as he was told. Perhaps he did not realize that, being a Pokémon Trainer, Elend herself was relatively useless in combat, but she felt pleased to be relied on in such a way. The trainer pointed towards the sky, firmly yet silently. The Mogall obeyed her unspoken command and floated up, surveying the area. While the creature, being a giant eye without a mouth, could not vocalize anything, it made it clear that it had found something. Its monstrous eyeball lit up, and a portal of purple energy formed behind it. With an unnatural-sounding shriek, wisps of shadowy energy launched themselves into a nearby brush. They had found their mark, judging from the animalistic screech that was heard, followed by a large frilled raptor leaping out of the shadows.

Usurper of the Ancestral Steppe

"A mere Great Jaggi..." Elend seemed almost disappointed, while her new travelling partner seemed to be terrified of the twenty foot raptor that was slowly approaching the pair. "Who do you think you are, fiend, to call yourself great? Your reign over your pack is feeble, compared to the Dark Lord Elend's reign over the demons from the darkest reaches of Hell! Strike, Mogall!"

The Great Jaggi had set into a full-on sprint towards the two players, preparing to attack, while the Mogall attempted to intervene. Flying up close to use a more accurate attack, it unleashed its Evil Eye spell to stop the approaching wyvern with a ring of shadowy energy forming around it.

"You are bound now, wretch!", Elend confidently declared, making no attempt to move out of the way of the attack. However, she quickly came to regret that, as she noticed that the Jaggi patriarch was not immoblized, staggered or even slowed down by the Evil Eye. "What..?!", a wide-eyed Elend exclaimed, moments before being hit by a powerful hipcheck from the enemy wyvern, sending her flying backwards towards the ground.

"What foul magicks...", she gasped, trying to regain her bearings. "My Evil Eye... It should have..."

Luckily, the Jaggi did not seem intent to finish her off, focusing on the larger threat at hand. Elend's Mogall had gotten close enough that the Jaggi could reach it with a pouncing attack, which it went for immediately. "Mogall, elude!", shouted Elend, but it was of no use. The Jaggi had leapt towards the demon eye and pinned it to the ground with its powerful talons.

This was not the way Elend was expecting this to go at all. She thrived in this area! She had participated in several fights against the dread beast Gore Magala! Jaggi were merely a nuisance! To be humbled like this... Had her power truly waned that much?

She was at a loss, she had not anticipated this situation. She had to think of something quickly... Maybe she could...

eeeeeeeeeeeee

A whistle, a bright flash, and then a loud crackle.

She immediately turned towards the source of the commotion. Basset had used one of the many Animal Crossing items he had in his pockets, a fireworks rocket, and had lit it. While it was not very useful as an attack, it was an excellent distraction, especially due to the Jaggi's vulnerability to bright light. It cowered and recoiled, breaking the pin for long enough for the slippery Mogall to slither out of its grasp.

"I think that's our cue to leave," Basset suggested, desperately.

Elend clenched her teeth. "A foe like this..." She took a deep breath. "...Is not worthy of my attention! Scurry away, beast, I grant you mercy! Cross me again, and you will rue the day you crossed... Dark Lord Elend!" Having finished her attempt at saving face, she then quickly turned around to follow the Isabelle class right the heck outta there.

------------------

To be bailed out by a such a non-combat focused player... It had been a very embarrassing day for Elend, who had returned to Val Habar, the town closest to the Steppe. Her head was not held high as it always was. This Great Ultimate Reset situation had put a damper on her power fantasy... While Basset had been very understanding, and still paid part of the protection money he was offering, she still hated being in situations where she couldn't make good on her boasts. She sighed. Only now did she notice that a notification had been trying to catch her attention for a while. She opened it. A guild message...

Hello all.
The next guild meeting will be held in the Spiral Mountain Social Zone at the Banjo's House landmark. I've set up the Guild HQ nearby in the vegetable garden, but since the guild has yet to raise any funds, we've only got a tent for now. Be careful of the enemies located nearby, that include: Topper the Carrot, Bawl the Onion, and Colliwobble the Cauliflower. I expect you all to be here at 12 O'Clock, Smash World Standard Time.

Soluna.
Pheh... How amusing... Beware of the carrot and the onion. Was this the sort of foe she was expected to fear now? Ridiculous. She'd had quite enough of playing for today. As she logged out, she made a mental note to get revenge on that Jaggi some time, perhaps she could get the Eclipse Dragons to tag along...
[1:06:25] sassymagneton420: synesthesia, bro
[1:06:35] David J Stirling: is that like
[1:06:41] David J Stirling: feeling a feeling
[1:06:45] sassymagneton420: uh
[1:06:46] sassymagneton420: yeah

Evergreen

Post by Evergreen » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:10 am

To: Invictus
Subject: Caesar Requests Your Presence
*Delete*
Subject: Quit Ducking Us
*Delete*
Subject: We Need You To Come Back
*Delete*
Subject: Korby Keeps Trying to Take the Stuff You Left
*Delete*

Hello all.

Soluna.
Invictus managed stop himself before absentmindedly deleting this message. He had spent the end of every day, for the last week, since he started using this account deleting messages from his Aunt's old guild. It almost felt like he'd been doing more inbox management than actually learning how to play the game. It was a little disheartening, considering how long he'd been waiting to get a chance at this game.

His aunt had left her old guild before she'd.... “given” him the account. However, many of her guild mates had her private message ID as well, and they really seemed interested in having her come back. Invictus had read some of the messages at first but now, after some of them from an account called Caesar had started to get weirdly serious, he deleted them on site. Hopefully, after a little while longer, they would just give up. Because of all this, he'd only managed to gain a few levels, and find one really good Assist Charm since he'd started.

He'd always wanted to play Smash World, ever since he'd been old enough to understand Video Games. Now, he finally had an account, and a well known one at that. He had respect, and an easy out if anyone questioned why he was having trouble. A full reset to level one had to have left people reeling, and not able to perform at their best. It was still annoying that he hadn't had more time to learn the ropes, and now he had even more stuff to figure out.

He wasn't sure how he should approach joining this new guild, the Eclipse Dragons. He'd found the “flier” for them on one of the many Message Boards scattered around Smash Central, the main hub of Smash World. It'd been hidden behind dozens upon dozens of messages for new guilds that had apparently started popping up after the “Ultimate Challenge” had gone into effect. It had been so far down at the bottom he imagined that just about no one else had actually seen it, which was perfect. The less likely it was that anyone who joined the guild had had interactions with his account in the past, the better.

“What time should I get there?” Invictus said aloud to himself, “Sure the message said '12 O'clock SWST,' but someone like me would be fashionably late to things like this, right?”

That made sense, he wouldn't be to late. Maybe only like 5... 10 minutes late. That was certainly reasonable, and if it ended up being a bad idea he could always wave it off as real life stuff getting in the way. No one could devote their whole life to this game. Even his aunt, as much of her time as she had devoted to it, had made had to bow to the needs of the real world over Smash World.

“Ya, that should be fine,” he said, as he set his in game reminder for 11:45, “That should give me enough time to get there, even if I get into trouble with Topper, Bawl, or Colliwobble.”

Nodding to himself, he began the process to log out for the night, and noticed he had several more new messages from his Aunt's old guild. He groaned and spent a few seconds deleting all of them. He really, really hoped they took the hint from the cold shoulder and left him alone after a while. He'd not heard anything decent about The House of Villains when he'd looked into them, and he really didn't want to have to deal with them constantly when he just wanted to play the game. He finished deleting the messages, barely even reading the subject lines this time around.

He took a breathe, and smiled to himself, continuing the process of logging out. He'd get an early start tomorrow, hopefully getting a few more things down before heading to the guild meeting. If everything went well, he'd be up to snuff before anyone had a chance to question anything.
It's good to be home.

CrimsonWyvern
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CrimsonWyvern » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:14 pm

The Unbalanced World

Looming above a small European-style village (and the area transitions to other maps) stood Dracula's Castle, an impressive feat of gothic architecture, inhabited by the greatest of all vampires, and his vile forces. A mere week ago, most of Dracula's lieutenants were fodder bosses, and a few of the more powerful guilds could even farm the Vampire King himself. But the Great Ultimate Reset left its mark upon the entire Smash World, and this castle was not unscathed. With all players starting back at level one, once laughable enemies became fearsome once more, and even the early bosses of the Castle had received new attack patterns in the update, with many players fearful of what new power waited them deeper within the structure. And yet despite the danger, many a player journeyed to this place, no small number seeking to stake a claim for their new Dark Guild upon this unhallowed ground. The moon, once casting its light upon the landscape, was partially obscured behind the looming eye and thorns of Dharkon, while Galeem's glowing eye and radiant wings were farther in the distance, yet still clearly visible.

Looking upon the night sky, slouching against a wall, just outside the castle proper, was Ruby. The red-headed Richter-class woman, flanked by dispatched zombies she had been testing her weapons on, lazily fiddled with one of the straps securing her whip. Her gaze was upon the ominous eye of Dharkon, and the distant radiance of Galeem, and her lips held a half-grimace.

What a pair of eyesores. No pun intended for Dharkon. Stupid thorny vines, half-blocking the moon... Maybe if thorny blocked it entirely, lightbulb up there might look close enough to a moon, except nope, gotta have those stupid wings. Suppose I should count my blessings, so long as they're that hideous, makes it pretty easy to remember they're why I'm stuck out here training on Zombies, instead of back in the lab, testing on Sandbags, with a real team. But no, they showed up, and then the Wishblades...

"......Eeuugh..."

RubyResearcher...eeeehhhhhhh...
Her discontent sighs and mental griping were interrupted by the familiar *PING* of a new Message. While back in the Wishblades, she'd ignored plenty of these. They were distractions from her testing... but they also may have given her advance warning about the dissolution of her Guild. Opening the message up, she quickly scanned it.

A guild HQ is a start. Suppose we'll need to go looking for funds, or I'll never get a good testing room. I'll have to see if anyone's put up weaknesses for those enemy types yet... or I guess I could show up early, try to find them myself? Would certainly be a change of pace from these zombies.

Ruby's mood was starting to improve, which meant it was quite the inopportune time for two people to rudely accost her, and yet...

"Hey, you!"
"...Huh?"

Ruby looked to the source of the yelling, finding two players, one smirking and composed Mewtwo-class man by the name of HR clad in robes with glowing arcane runes, and one toned yet not bulky, clean-shaven Bowser-class man by the name of by the name of Edge, wearing a horned cap with actively flaming hair and horns, with a fairly casual t-shirt and sweatpants, but spiked wristbands and anklets that left his hands and feet ablaze. The one who shouted first was HR, but following-up was Edge.

"Pathetic Lightner." Please tell me that's not the nickname the Dark-side community landed on. "You tread on the turf of Dharkon, and our guild."
"You see, my dear Ruby..." Something about how he said my username was both overly familiar and super gross. "We, two of the enforcers of the Swords of Dark Desire, have a puzzle for you!"
"A... puzzle? What."
"So dull. What happens when a pathetic level 3 Lightner finds herself facing off against two powerful level 6 Dark-aligned warriors?" Are they really bragging about level 6? "She perishes, to the might of two former Wishblades, now granted dark powers t-"
"Did you say you were former Wishblades?"

Ruby looked at the pair again. Her eyes rested a moment on HR's runes, and Edge's flaming equips. Her eyes narrowed, as she stood up from her lazy lean, straightening her posture, hand pulling her Whip loose and cycling through the elements, landing on Ice as the Whip of Alchemy froze over. Both opponents sneered at Ruby's apparent fighting stance.

RubyResearcher Gears Up For Battle!
Not one to let their prey get the first move, Edge rushed forward, only for Ruby's whip to slam into his chest, immediately freezing him in a block of ice. As he slid across the ground, HR teleported past, unleashing a fully-charged Shadow Ball into Ruby, knocking her back into the wall she had been leaning against. Still, she recovered quickly, flinging a vial of Holy Water at her feet, the flames rushing forward and hitting HR, getting Ruby some distance to follow-up with Heaven's Edge, the sword slamming into HR's gut, before spinning upwards and hitting his jaw, knocking him up into the air. As he started to fall, a thrown Garm spiked him back into the dirt, just in time for Edge to unfreeze... and get struck by the Whip of Ice again, instantly freezing once more.

"I'll be honest, I'm not sure if you're lying or not, but in either case, that claim sealed your fate! When you invoked the name of the Wishblades, my former guild, the one I poured my heart and soul into researching weapons equipment for, you insulted my dedication! I won't let you run around with that name on your lips... WITH SUCH SUBPAR LOADOUTS!"
"Wait, what?"
"You, Bowser-class, you dumped your ice resist so far into the negatives that any hit from an ice attack is damn near guaranteed to inflict Freeze for far longer than you can afford! And you, Mewtwo-class, the damage type on your Shadow Ball is Psi, but that stupid robe of yours is +Magic, -Psi! Either you two are fakers who are unaware of the depths of my equipment research for the Wishblades, or you actually were Wishblades and are using scrub loadouts within a week! No matter the scenario," she said, cracking her whip against the ground to punctuate her threat, "you need to be taught a lesson!"

Blaze Dragon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Blaze Dragon » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:13 pm

The Boxing Ring. A well-known area of Smash World. Many areas existed for the sake of PvE, or for simple interactions between players. But this area was different. It existed for one reason and one reason only: PvP. Players filled the seats of the ring, ready to see fights between those that likely failed to realize the potential of the game and only cared for simple combat. Unsurprisingly, a lot of them were in purely for the money, as they bet on who would win, who would lose. Today was no different, as the screen showed the combatants in the stage...for a moment, as one was taken out, and one remained. Just like always.

"C'mon, is that all?" was the answer of the winner, a Ryu-class with a clear love for orange and who, despite having taken clear damage, seemed mostly unimpressed by his defeated opponent. "I'm nowhere near satisfied yet! I'm sure more want to go for a match! Come one, come all!" he boastfully exclaimed, his sight going around the area, ignoring the seats and focusing entirely on whatever fighters may be ready to enter the stage. Which was fine, because if he looked at the viewers, he'd see quite a few that weren't all too happy with his enthusiasm, and others that were happily counting the coins entering their wallets. He wasn't too interested in the money, after all, the Ryu-class wasn't heavily equipment-based. He only wanted the thrill of the fight.

"Hmph. Someone didn't realize the reset happened...time to take him down a few more levels!" his new opponent stated. A low-level, young player to be sure, with a really bad grasp of trash talk. Whatever his class was, the Ryu didn't care.

"Good attitude. Now..." he started, taking Ryu's basic fighting pose.

Kai-Lan is getting excited!

"...let's go!"

Ken Stage

The fight clearly started as the screen showed the two opponents. One was Kai-Lan, as the Eternal Wanderer Ryu. The other was a similar class, a Little Mac, the Bruiser from the Bronx.

The Little Mac was clearly ready for some bloodshed because he went straight into the Jolt Haymaker, as Little Macs tend to do. Instead of blocking it or using a Focus Attack or anything that would avoid such an obvious move, Kai-Lan just took it head on, adding to the damage he had already accumulated.

"Yeah! Howzat!" the young Mac player happily exclaimed. He seemed surprised his move had landed. Clearly, he had experience in jumping off stage like a dumbass. Not like that had changed his ways.

"Heh. Not bad," Kai-Lan said, having taken some recoil from the move but not gone down, a hand on his cheek, a grin on his face. "But, not great either! Now's my turn!" he exclaimed, following that by shooting a Hadoken at his opponent.

"Seriously?!" the Mac answered, charging up his Straight Lunge then releasing it just as the Hadoken would've hit. The super armour granted let him go straight through the attack, as he sped towards his enemy, punch-ready. Said punch connected with ease, which made the Little Mac happy...until he realized the black lines coming from the Ryu, and how he hadn't moved at all.

"Seriously!" Kai-Lan happily exclaimed, as he countered from his Focus Attack, paralyzing the Little Mac on the spot. He wouldn't allow him to crumple though, as he followed it with a barrage of punches and kicks, cancelling into each other so as to increase the combo's numbers. "And now, the Dragon Fist!" he followed, ending the combo with Ryu's signature Shoryuken, sending the Mac flying.

"Oh, sorry. I know uppercuts are more your thing, heheh." Kai-Lan sheepishly stated, cracking his knuckles. The damage he had taken from the Straight Lunge had been partly healed by his Focus Attack, but he still couldn't take much more. Not like he seemed to realize or care.

With a loud, annoyed "tch", the enemy Mac got up. He had taken a beating, but he wasn't willing to let that douche win, as he made it clear by...taking out a bar of chocolate and giving it one hell of a bite, healing a bit of his HP.

"Hey, that's cheating! No items, man!" Kai-Lan annoyedly stated, pointing at his opponent. The audience clearly didn't care, considering how the excitement was rising up with the sudden change in rules.

"Real winners use items, jerk! And I'm sure you'd be against this too, so suck on it!" the Mac shouted, annoyed. The "this" was quickly clear, as his Final Smash gauge was full and he was ready to let loose, becoming the monstruous Giga Mac.

"Oh yeah? Well, fine, I'll go all out too!" Kai-Lan exclaimed, going from annoyed to excited in one moment. From all his battles, his own gauge was full too, and he was ready to release it and increase the tension that much more...until he got distracted by a sudden message. "Sec." was all he got to say, trying to pause for a bit to get the annoying message notification out of the way, with no real intention of reading it, but his opponent wasn't willing to let him have said second and pummeled him with the power of the Giga Mac Rush.

"KO!" the screen showed, removing Ryu and leaving only Little Mac.

The Little Mac was clearly ectastic with his win, parading around the ring with his arms outstretched to the skies, enjoying the attention obtained. Meanwhile Kai-Lan, who had respawned outside the ring as it tended to work in this stage, was just kind of down.

"Aw man...way to go. And this is why I got beaten? Tch...lame..." he said to himself, as he read the message that had caused his defeat (because his lack of attention clearly wasn't the cause)

Hello all.

Soluna.
Kai-Lan didn't particularly care for guild activities. He had only joined because Smash World got too annoying with the Light/Dark thing, otherwise, he'd be perfectly happy playing solo as he already did before. But now, he had already joined, and it'd be wrong not to join the rest. Plus, he had no idea of Banjo, so maybe he could see some new things in that area. With that in mind, he logged out, thinking of the opponents he could face. The names sure gave him images of how they could be...which were likely completely wrong, like Topper looking kind of like himself for some reason.

TheMightyScroup
Pretty in Pink
Pretty in Pink

Post by TheMightyScroup » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Hello all.

Soluna.
Annoying!!

But doable. Definitely doable. Still...what business did a Fire Emblem anime girl have setting up shop in Slapstick Mountain? Didn't people respect theme nowadays?

At a certain point in his borderline aimless travels, backdrop of the lush Hyrule Field gave way to incrementally-bodacious gravity-defying scenery of Xenoblade's Mira. A newly low-level Link-class player had absolutely no way of knowing where exactly they took a wrong turn at Zora's River. The Sheikah Slate could only warp to previously-frequented locales, which FUN FACT, had also been scoured alongside former level standing. Plus, at his current energy level, he had to parcel out the one or two warps a day for critically-important bail-outs.

Qwote,
. . .

In the not-too-distant past, Qwote would have plenty of choice words when he got into an unfortunate scrape such as this. Lost, running low on health items, and just plum kinda bored, he instead sighed. Dark screen of his sheikah slate not helping, Qwote turned his attention to the small trading outpost brooking a luminescent creek. Few characters milled about, most of them NPCs, as the area seemed too remote and dangerous for many low-level players to bother. With little else to go by, he approached one of the surprisingly-futuristic thoroughfares and flagged down the friendliest-looking face he could find.

"Oh! Salutations!" The stout Wario-class had a bit of a swashbuckling look to her, styled a mix between a portly female Wario and Captain Syrup from the same series. Molassie responded to Qwote's sudden intrusion with a wave.

He smiled from ear-to-ear, then signed in a few concise beats.

"O-Oh, er..." Molassie put a hand on her hip and looked down to the ground awkwardly. "One sec, luv...?"

Qwote sighed inwardly. A scene played on loop for so long. Still, he remained patient, recognizing the short idle time as the other player likely speed-searching through their Smash World FAQ to figure out the sporadically-used "sign-to-speech" function. Whether they toggled it to text box or assigned him some inane robot voice, Qwote could never know. He raised an eyebrow, expecting Molassie to bail out of the conversation upon realizing how unlucky she'd been to engage a mute.

"Oh! You're trying to find Spiral Mountain? Gotcha."

He nodded vigorously, all smiles and two thumbs way up. Sharp, especially considering he'd improvised the sign for Spiral Mountain.

"Haven't been m'self, but I heard tell a couple of kids chatting about it earlier today, fancy you askin'. Southeast o' here, the river hairpins and should lead you right there! And if you need any additional help, I think there's a Guild around here what could give you an escort. Fer a nominal fee, o'course."

Qwote considered. Unlikely, as even though he had like one day under his belt as an Eclipse Dragon, bending the knee to ask another Guild for help seemed a way to tarnish his burgeoning rep.

"Oh yeah, the Guild around here's called the...Don Bombs, I think?"

Yikes! Qwote comically pantomimed hanging himself, which elicited a laugh from Molassie. He then offered a few quick signs as a follow-up.

"Hmm. Okay. You said the Don Bombs disbanded huh? Guess I'm running off bad info. Maybe a few of the old members set up shop 'round here. You say they're one of the Guilds what couldn't take the server reset and just up and dissolved?"

Qwote shrugged. Any further confirmation might out his past. Not worth elaborating to her how intimately connected he and the Don Bombs had been a time ago.

"Something else? Guess it isn't worth talking about, huh? It's cool."

The two passing ships bid adieu, but not before Qwote could thank Molassie for her help. He presented a gift, comically bowing like a butler, and watched her happily accept the Mighty Fried Bananas. Unfortunate to lose an attack power buff for the coming travels, but the look on Molassie's face put his mind at ease. They parted ways, Qwote marching proudly into the marshland.

- - -

With a mad leap and a sinister slash of his Tr-Forked Boomerang, Qwote felt white flesh rip from body as he silenced another foe. Standing over the body of Colliwobble the Cauliflower, he took to the grim task of ripping edible reagents from its still twitching corpse. The circle of life. Cycle of life and death. He was the merciless angel of righteous hunger, the culler of cauliflower, the--

Oh wait he was gonna be late to the meeting!!! Shit!!!

Ol' Green Nipples
Angry Jarate
Angry Jarate
Location: London, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Associates

Post by Ol' Green Nipples » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:49 pm

A City Under Siege.

A great storm rained down from the night sky over a chaotic cityscape. The dense urban complex was overrun with fuzzy, black, mosquito-like insects that were buzzing up and down the streets as if they owned the place; Urban Stingbies. Their larval offspring crawled along roads and all over public property, leaving disgusting trails of sticky slime in their wake that the rain could only hope to wash away. The ear-grating sound of the adult Stingbies flickering wings echoed throughout countless alleyways, every nook and cranny, as powerless NPCs looked down helplessly from the rooftops they had taken to for safety. The rumbling thunder of the dark sky only highlighted the utter despair of the moonlit city's dreadful infestation.

Suddenly, a light appeared amidst the darkness. Emerging from the shadows, the pink light zipped down the street in a blindingly fast flash, as if drawn to the rampant creatures. Colliding with one, the insect let out a pained wail before disappearing in a comical puff of smoke. Before its nearby brethren even had time to process what had just happened, they too were vaporized as more and more of these speedy flashes of light shot out of the dark towards them. The rumble of the storm and the frantic buzzing of the Stingbies panicked wings masked the sound of clacking footsteps scurrying away to the next street over. The feeble monsters zipped around in alarm, trying to pinpoint their attacker, but they simply couldn't keep up with the blistering pace of her advance. Another group was quickly taken out, and then another, as the attacker made her way through the city one street at a time using its sprawling maze of dark, damp alleyways.

The once-deafening noise of the infested streets gradually got quieter and quieter, as each road was cleared of its invading monsters. Finally, on one last dead-end street. a group of surviving Stingby larvae clamored onto the roof of a taxi, attempting to aid their kin with their own lookout. However, in one fell swoop of a long, golden staff, they too were destroyed, as the assailant lunged out from between two buildings, triumphantly regaining her poise atop the taxi and revealing herself to the remaining swarm. She smirked, giving her staff a quick spin before pointing the head towards the nearest Stinbies and blasting them away with her laser, to the alarm of those remaining further down the road.

Less confident with their depleted numbers, the surviving Stingbies let out a furious wail, summoning a new group of allies to their side. Rolling onto the street came a trio of living army tanks, each covered in a rusty coat of military green paint: Sherms. The assailant gave a relaxed smile, seemingly unconcerned with this new threat, as if this was the moment she had been waiting for all along. She continued to stand gracefully atop the taxi in the down-pouring rain, holding her staff to her chest, but making no effort to escape or even retaliate. The tanks all slowly turned their cannons to aim at their open target, the remaining mosquitoes gathering by their sides in what could only be described as excitement, anticipating the imminent destruction of their foe. Almost simultaneously, the three Sherms fired their cannonballs with explosive force, briefly overpowering the the bug buzz of the Stingbies. The cannonballs rocketed towards the woman, who simply smiled and tapped the base of her staff against the taxi roof she stood on. In an instant, her entire body was encased in a bright, blue energy field...

----------------------

A City Under Sunlight.

A glistening sun beamed down from clear blues skies over a bustling cityscape. The dense urban complex was overrun with excited, hurried players that were rushing up and down the streets, the crowds flowing like a river. From one empty alleyway, a taxi suddenly emerged, parking up momentarily on the curbside as its passengers got out, before rejoining the flow of traffic and disappearing into the hectic hustle of Metro Kingdom - New Donk City, one of Smash World's largest social areas where players could meet up, hang out and accessories and stock themselves from a huge variety of stores.

The woman who had gotten out of the taxi, a tall, buxom blonde, brushed a spot of dirty rainwater off of her dress, before strutting up to the window of a nearby store, which a band of NPCs was playing a delightful tune outside of, and checking her dazzling reflection.
"Wonderful," she grinned with satisfaction, "Even that damned storm can't knock these perfect looks out of place!"

Venomdiva is set to stun!

With a pirouette, the Fox-class player turned and began strolling along through the crowd, checking her menus as she walked. She had a message notification, but that would have to wait a moment, as there was something more important she desperately wanted to check.

For almost three days now she'd been repeating the same in-game quest over and over again. The gigantic size of New Donk City was impressive even for Smash World, and a seemingly countless number of taxis was available to allow players to travel between their destinations freely, giving them the opportunity to talk casually to their friends as they were transported, unlike the instantaneous nature of the fast travel that was available. However, among this innumerable fleet, there was one single taxi that was quite a bit special. It was a rarely-known little thing that few experienced players learned of through simple word-of-mouth, but riding in this special taxi would give players access to a small, hidden quest. This quest wasn't particularly impressive, it was merely a variant of an existing event that allows players to save New Donk City from the menace of Mechawiggler, available during special periods every couple of months or so. This variant lacked the Mechawiggler boss, and thus the loot it gave, and really only loaded players into an alternate map where they could clear the infestation of Stingbies and Sherms out from the stormy city streets. It really wasn't a must-play sort of thing, just a fun little easter egg for people who liked the aesthetic of New Donk City engulfed by a squalling tempest.

However, repeatedly clearing out a group of weak enemies who could be easily defeated was exactly the sort of thing Venomdiva was looking for, so she was delighted to be one of the lucky few in the know about this hidden gem. With the effects of the Ultimate Reset still lingering over Smash World's playerbase, it was reassuring to know that even with her dramatically weakened stats, her bread-and-butter skills were still effective enough to use for grinding herself back up, even if it was only by the slightest. It was less troublesome than PvP, and since it was rarely known, she didn't have to worry much about other players stealing any of her kills as she routinely repeated the process of weeding out the quest's enemies. It wasn't much, but by repeating this quest over and over, she had made a stress-free start on building her experience points back up.

But what's more, though it also isn't much, the quest does give a small cash reward once you speak to the Mayor Pauline NPC upon completion, before returning to the true New Donk City area via the taxi. Though it pales in comparison to the rewards from the Mechawiggler boss raid, it was easy money, and that's exactly what Diva had been looking for since the reset. Transferring the tediously-earned coins she had gathered from her efforts over the last three days to the cashier, the foxy Fox was in exchange given the prize she'd been after, a fashion accessory that came in the form of two earrings shaped like the Star Rings from the retro classic, Star Fox 64 3D.

Though satisfied that she was now looking even more stylish, she was even more satisfied that she could take a break from repeating that drab quest for the day. Though regaining her former high level was of course important in her quest to become a Smash World superstar, it was equally if not more important that she shine like a diamond in the eyes of other players, and that wasn't the easiest thing to do when she was alone in the middle of a thunderstorm. She had decided that she would spend the rest of the day socialising, meeting people, and just generally increasing her own popularity. She had even just signed up to a new guild in order to do just that... which suddenly reminded her that, before her little shop, she had received a message...

Hello all.

Soluna.
Finishing the message, Diva stared blankly at the text overlay for a moment, her cheerful smile twitching a bit as her brow began to furrow.
"Seriously...?" she muttered quietly, stopping in her tracks in the middle of the crowded street, "Are you..., I-... SERIOUSLY!?" Her suddenly raised voice alarmed some other players, who uncomfortably tried to move around her as she let her temper loose out loud.
"'I expect you here at 12 O'Clock', she says," reading her message again in a mocking but clearly frustrated tone, "Who does this Soluna chick think she is? She hasn't even met me yet and she thinks she can order me around like that? And 12 o'clock? Tomorrow? Well THANKS for the warning, missy! God, if I knew these Eclipse Dragons were going to be so--"

Catching her reflection again, Venomdiva realised she was going a bit red in the face from yelling in frustration, and tried to calm herself down a bit.
"Okay, okay, it's fine," she sighed to herself, resting her fists on the window, "It's fine! She's the Guild Leader, of course she's gonna act all bossy, I get it. Maybe it's just growing pains, starting up a guild after this reset crap is probably a little stressful, so she probably didn't stop and think-"
Letting out another hefty sigh, she slumped down a bit as she began to relax, looking her reflecting in the eye, "You've got work off tomorrow anyway, so you can do 12," she checked her clock, giving a frustrated groan as she realised she'd have to cancel her plans for the night to get some sleep, "And seriously, a vegetable garden? The name really gave the right impression, but I guess these Eclipse Dragons might not be as cool as I was betting on... hopefully they're at least strong..."

Pulling herself together, she pulled herself and brushed off her dress again, lacking her earlier enthusiasm.
"Well whatever," she pouted to herself, "If they do end up being a bunch of incompetent losers, I'll just tell em where they can stick their stinkin' Colliwobbles." She laughed at her own joke as she logged off for the night, hoping to god that there weren't any lame-o roleplayers in this guild.

QuarterCirclePunch
Quarter Pounder
Quarter Pounder

Post by QuarterCirclePunch » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:32 am

Soluna

*hop, hop, hop*

*swing!*

A lone Bawl was hopping right in front of the Banjo's House landmark, minding its own business. Though as Soluna logged in, pixeling into the game world, she quickly drew her blade, cutting the onion's stems as it lands flat on its googly eyeballs.

"I usually try to avoid cutting the onion, myself."

As Soluna sheathed her Falchion, she stood upward and took notice of the person beside her. Tall, slim, garbed in white and black...the Shulk classed player smirked at the swordwielder.

"Considering how sensitive you are, that's probably a good thing." Soluna teased, as she noticed her friend. "Finally decided to join, Tempus?"

Shaking his head, his wavy black hair shaking around him, the other player sneered. "Nope, nope. I'm not joining any more Guilds, the fall out from the Leviathans was enough to turn me off of the bloody things forever." A smile peeked out from the corner of his mouth. "Though since I'm in the area, I figured I'd meet your "Eclipse Dragons" at least."

"You're going to be sorry, bud. I've got a plan to make our guild within the top 50 mixed guilds today." Soluna cheerfully mentioned. She started walking towards the house, smiling at her former guildmate. "Though I suppose you probably would just weigh us down with your silly artes.

"Please, I'm an asset to any squad." Tempus chuckled, before looking around at the bright greens of Spiral Mountain.. "Also, jeez Sol, have you really been chillin' in this zone all this time? It's so dang out of the way."

"The playerbase have been pretty hostile lately, Tempus. I'm not exactly looking for a fight just for being a Light augmented user." Soluna spoke with a sigh, shaking her head. "The Eclipse Dragons have to get big, to normalize augmented users working together."

"That's not the real reason why you're back though, right?" Soluna looked up as Tempus spoke. "Like, it's been quite a while since you came back to Smash World, Sol. I know everything that went down with-"

"SHUT UP." Soluna barked, as Tempus flinched. The Shulk class clearly hit a nerve with that one. Soluna marched forward, her hands clenched into fists, as she opened the door to Banjo's house, and swung it closed as she entered.

"Ooooof. I guess she doesn't want to talk about it." Scratching his head, Tempus crossed his arms and leaned against the house.

---

Banjo's House

Soluna sighed as she flung herself onto Banjo's trademark green armchair. Smash World had made a pretty cozy recreation of Banjo's House from Kazooie. As she stewed in anger, she could hear Banjo's goldfish, Roysten, tap three times on the glass of his fishbowl. This calming sound helped the rookie guild leader regain her composure. Soluna was about to host the first official meeting of the Eclipse Dragons...and she really hoped she could manage these big personalities.

All they had to do was beat one guy...
If CERA was the DK Crew, I'd probably be the first member, the leader of the bunch that you know well, and I'd probably be back to kick some tail. - probably me

Neopolis
Angry Jarate
Angry Jarate

Post by Neopolis » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:07 pm

"Hark, you nutritious fiend! Step aside, or be trampled under my heel!"

Topper the Carrot did not respond. It simply hopped slowly towards Elend and her Mogall, unimpressed by her threats due to simply not having an AI complex enough to react to anything like that.

"Have at you then, fool!" The trainer made some overly dramatic hand gestures to accentuate her point. "Strike, my Fiend of Sight Beyond Sight!"

The eyeball monster obeyed, firing bolts of dark energy at the mostly harmless carrot enemy. It dropped to the ground instantly. Not satisfied yet, the bloodthirsty fiend went into melee range and sliced up the carrot with its tentacles. They were not normally very effective weapons, but they were strong enough to deal with... a carrot. Elend was embarrassed she was still getting XP from fighting this foe, even though the amount was already neglible.

She looked around. This was Spiral Mountain all right, she could tell from the spiral-shaped mountain. Banjo's House had to be nearby. It was nearly 12 PM, so she was right on time. Her Mogall helpfully took to the skies to get a better view. After descending, it stuck out a tentacle in the direction where it had located Banjo's house. While the Mogall was the frailest of all her minions, its speed, aerial maneuverability and great eyesight made it such a useful scout, she quite liked having out in exploration situations. It was also her oldest minion. She considered herself lucky that the Reset didn't remove her minions (even if their power levels went down dramatically) because she had grown quite attached to them. She wouldn't want to be out exploring with a Cyndaquil or something...

There it was, Banjo's House! It seemed rather quiet at the time, there must not be many people yet. As she drew closer, she could see a single person leaning against the little cottage. Was this Soluna? No, it couldn't be... While she had never met Soluna, she could tell from his funky sword that this was not a Marth classed player. It was probably a Shulk, or maybe a Cloud or one of those other sword boys, she couldn't really keep track of them... But probably not a Marth. Regardless, the fact that he was here probably meant he came for the guild meeting, since he was clearly just waiting around, and she really couldn't think of another reason someone would be hanging out in a weird out of the way place like this. As such, she had to make a strong first impression.

"Hail, stranger!", she introduced herself as she walked closer, Mogall ominously hovering beside her. "You stand in the presence of the Dark Lord Elend! But fear not! This fiend is bound to me, and as long as fate finds us aligned, it shall do no harm upon you!" Elend gestured towards the monstrous eye, which shuddered its tentacles in response. "I am heeding the summons of the Eclipse Dragon, Soluna. Speak, stranger, to whom do I owe the pleasure, and what wind has carried you here?"

TheMightyScroup
Pretty in Pink
Pretty in Pink

Post by TheMightyScroup » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:26 pm

'Hmmm. One of these. A little of that.'

Ingredients bounced around as if they were dropped onto a small trampoline instead of a sizzling wok. Qwote couldn't help gyrating his shoulders to the beat of the clanging melody as suddenly, a moment later, a plume of sparkly smoke sent the delectable good right into his inventory. Thankfully, Spiral Mountain yielded many great ingredients for hacking and harvesting. He hadn't had time to shop around in the Xenoblade zone. Qwote then slid together a few squares of his inventory, putting the treat for his guildmates into a box, and then again layering the parcel with some triforce-print wrapping paper.

'They're gonna love this.'

Qwote checked his map. Not far from the meeting grounds. He siphoned the wok away in his inventory, then stared down at the embers. Idle hands in other overworlds had seen him summon a simple cookfire into a raging inferno. Probably best not to risk something like that on the first day! He kicked at the embers several times to no avail, only then to lie body-first on the fire and roll around to smother it. Stuffing a few apples into his mouth healed the negligible damage. He used two fingers to quash an ember smoldering on one of his black bangs, then set off!

'HMMMMMM. Heavily-fortified.'

The first test! A monochrome Shulk-class user stood watch outside Banjo's House. The blue cabin tucked snugly against cliffside, this mysterious guard patrolled the only available entry point. Qwote knew from prior snooping their Guild Leader was no prettyboy anime Shulk-class. A bodyguard she hired from one of the mercenary guilds? Qwote thought he could maybe take him out of the equation, but with the server reset...you never knew which level 2 chumps were packing Legendary gear. Clearly a test. A challenge to her new guildmates.

'Unless...?'

Concealed in his Sheikah garb, Qwote tapped a finger to his chin as he traced the invisible line between the top of the cabin's smoke-spewing chimney and the endless height of the cliffside behind the cabin. He could scale the cliff, quaff a few stamina potions, then...yep! No time to waste thinking about it, the plan was good as gold!

As UST (Universal Smash Time) dangerously approached noon, Qwote sprung like a Restless Cricket from the cliffside, hundreds of feet above Banjo's cabin. What luck too, the bodyguard was being distracted by some bodacious bimbo in purple cosplay. Qwote fell, soundlessly, popped open his Paraglider at just the right moment, pivoted a little bit, saw the shadow disappear into the chimney's pitch-black texture on top, then stowed the 'glider.

...Moments later, he came loudly crashing through the fireplace inside of Banjo's House, pretzeled into a painful ball and losing hearts with every half-turn until he smacked against a momentum-halting bedframe.

Hopping to his feet and shoving more apples into his waiting maw, Qwote gave his supposed guild leader a thumbs up, then threw his gift into the center of the carpet. The wrapping paper unfurled, and box top popped open to reveal a delicious triple-decker fruitcake. Qwote smiled at Soluna, then offered a few quick signs.

"Hiya! Didn't think I'd be the first to arrive to the party. Glad to be a part of the Eclipse Dragons." He paused for a moment, then offered a combined version of the two signs, the passing hands quickly overlapping with the multi-fingered burst of fire in front of his mouth. Qwote then shrugged. Their guild name was kind of a mouthful however you spun it. He signed again. "Nice to finally meet you, Soluna. I'm Qwote!"

Upon making the airquote-like sign, his fingers danced into double peace signs. His trademark, in a way.

QuarterCirclePunch
Quarter Pounder
Quarter Pounder

Post by QuarterCirclePunch » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:28 pm

Tempus

The former Leviathan guild member pushed his glasses up. Gosh, what a boneheaded thing to say. Tempus really didn't mean to upset her. Soluna only came back to Smash World a few days ago after her falling out with her old guild, he wanted to be as supporting as possible. She was a good friend, and Tempus knew that he had to be SUPPORTING. Dredging up the past, clearly, wasn't a choice right now-

"Hail, stranger! You stand in the presence of the Dark Lord Elend!"

Tempus was no longer alone, as he stood face to face with a rather...peculiar looking Pokemon Trainer classed character. The pale girl with a rather spooky wardrobe was accompanied by a floating eyeball. Definitely nothing from a Banjo-Kazooie game. Tempus jumped as the eye monster's tentacles jittered.

"GAH!" The monado wielder exclaimed as he recoiled backward a bit.

"But fear not! This fiend is bound to me, and as long as fate finds us aligned, it shall do no harm upon you! I am heeding the summons of the Eclipse Dragon, Soluna. Speak, stranger, to whom do I owe the pleasure, and what wind has carried you here?"

Clearing his throat, Tempus regained his composure. "Ah, you're one of them, huh? Well, Soluna's inside. I'm not a guild member or anything, just a friend. Hahaha" He nervously laughed, before pointing at the house. "Should probably go inside though I guess."

Opening the door, Tempus waved his hand to let Elend in before him.

Soluna

Quirky Conversations (Ablaze)

Rocketing down the chimney, Soluna jumped up from Banjo's chair as a dark, charcol figure emerged from the fireplace. While Soluna was almost worried that it was a sneaky Sheik class, it turns out it was just a member of her quirky guild- Qwote. The Link classed character was not only deaf, but prefered not speaking as well. Luckily, Smash World's advanced accessibility options allowed clear communication. The year 20XX sure was one of shocking accessibility options in its virtual reality MMORPPFG worlds.

"Hello, Qwote, welcome." Soluna prayed that her words were getting though to Qwote. She smiled, holding her hand out to give a small wave. She gauged his reaction, hoping that he'd be able to understand her. Though she decided that she'd type out the rest of her interactions with Qwote for now.

"That fruitcake looks super delicious, Qwote." Offering a thumbs up, she lifted the fruitcake onto the kitchen top. "There, now everyone can have a piece!"

Though that begged the question...where was everyone else? That question was partly answered, as moments later Elend stepped though the door. Led in by Tempus.

"Hmm, looks like the guild is starting to come together." Tempus added. Soluna glared at him, why was that boy even here. She bowed politely toward the Dark Lord.

"You must be the Dark Lord Elend, it's nice to meet you!" Soluna raised from the bow and smiled. "P-please help yourself to the fruitcake, Qwote made it!" Soluna was a little weirded out at Elend's outfit, and her Mogall... With three Eclipse Dragons already having arrived, the other four were soon to follow...and there were some pretty big names yet to attend. Soluna hoped to keep her composure.

Roysten

The goldfish spun around its fishbowl, before tapping its face on the glass three times.

Blaze Dragon
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Blaze Dragon » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:17 pm

Kai-Lan had walked around the Banjo area for a while. However, he was nearly certain he had to be in the wrong place. The enemy names he was given suggested strong opponents, rivals he could go all out against and grow ever-stronger...instead, he found a bunch of vegetables. Which made sense and all, so maybe he was in the right place? The thought crossed his mind, but if so, what a disappointment. Hopefully his new guildmates would be more interesting, even at his low level this area wasn't very impressive and he had no real interest in this franchise anyways.

Continuing his trek around the area, Kai-Lan spotted a cabin. With no real other places to go to, it stood to reason that that was where that so-called Soluna meant for them to meet. As such, Kai-Lan entered, a grin on his face and a complete clear lack of shame in just breaking in like that. He didn't even bother to check who or what was there, as he quickly saw what seemed like a female Marth-class, likely the boss of this gang.

"Hey! It's me, Kai-Lan!" he cheerfully exclaimed. It was a weird salute to be sure, but it carried a lot of nostalgia. Only after that did the guy with no real social tact pay attention to everyone else. A Link playing Sheik, someone who seemed like a Pokemon Trainer considering the balls on her belt but Kai-Lan had little Pokemon knowledge beyond the cool fighting game and she looked a bit too edgy for that so maybe not, and a monochrome guy with a big sword, likely a Shulk considering said sword.

"Yo!" Kai-Lan added, just as cheerfully, looking at everyone else. "Hope we can have a fun and exciting time!"

By that he meant that he expected something exciting to appear soon because the travel had not satisfied him at all, but hey, new friends, may as well keep up the cheer. Hopefully the Marth class wouldn't be annoying again!

Neopolis
Angry Jarate
Angry Jarate

Post by Neopolis » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:38 pm

The Shulk class seemed intimidated by her presence. That made her a little happy. She didn't really want to scare anyone away or anything, but she did like when it seemed like people took her seriously. A lot of people, upon seeing her make an appearance, just told her to stop being such a weirdo, and it always bummed her out a little. This fellow seemed polite enough, although it seemed he was not a guild member. "I see! I shall not tarry, then." She nodded politely and strutted after him into the house.

It seemed as though someone had just stumbled in through the chimney, a Link class. And the warrior with the fruitcake must be Soluna...

"You must be the Dark Lord Elend, it's nice to meet you!"

She was caught off-guard. N-nobody but herself ever actually addressed her like that... She felt a blush and a markedly un-evil smile creep onto her face. Hopefully Soluna was too busy bowing to see it. She actually bowed to her? Awesome...

"Yes, indeed! I am the Dark Lord, Elend! Most pleased to make your acquaintance!", she exclaimed confidently. She looked at the other guild member who had arrived already, whose name was apparently 'Qwote'. "Greetings to you, as well, fellow Dragon of Eclipse!" As she spoke, she gestured wildly with her hands. Not because she knew Qwote was deaf, that's just a thing she does in general. If one were to interpret it as sign language, it'd translate to a very sloppy "bird yes your please".

Another member walked in before too long. It was him, Kai-Lan! Elend was pleased that so far, her other guild members were mostly melee fighters. She worked well with those, although she hoped they'd get along as well. "Hail to you, Kai-Lan!"

The house was starting to get rather crowded at this point, with all these Smash characters and a goldfish. With a silent hand gesture, Elend directed the Mogall outside, where it began circling around the house, keeping an eye on anybody approaching.

CrimsonWyvern
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CrimsonWyvern » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:52 am

Before anyone else had even arrived at the meeting, a few flashes of magical light heralded Ruby's appearance just outside the Guild HQ, the default login animation for a Richter class. She'd logged out here the night before, after interacting with the Swords of Dark Desire. Which would have been a great way to arrive first, had she read the prior night's PM a bit more closely. After stretching slightly, she looked around, and poked her head into the tent for a moment.

Where is everyone? I guess I'm a bit early, but surely Soluna'd be waiting around here, after she sent us that invite, right?

With a slightly loaded sigh, Ruby leaned against the tent, red bunny slipper tapping slowly against the ground. She opened up her menu to check the in-game clock, then re-read the PM from Soluna...

Wait, we're meeting at Banjo's House, not the HQ? Not my proudest moment, but I feel like this confusion could have been avoided had she sent one PM about the guild HQ, and a separate one about the meeting. I... suppose I probably shouldn't just flake on this first meeting. How much time do I have to make it over there?

Re-checking her clock, the whip-wielding warrior pursed her lips a bit, before letting out a groan. "Euuuugh... fine."

While she dragged her feet a bit en route, the trek was rather short. This did give several of her new guildmates plenty of time to beat her there, though Ruby herself was treated to quite the unusual sight. Qwote, apparently one of her new guildmates, just finishing up scrambling a cliff face, right next to the house.

He... he can't be doing what I'm thinking he's doing.

Rather than approaching Elend or Tempus at the front door, Ruby stayed back a little bit, eyes trained as Qwote did in fact do what Ruby thought he was doing, leaping dramatically from the cliff face above the chimney. Her eyebrows arched, eyes tracing his path down, fast at first, slower with that Paraglider, then right back to fast, before the Link slipped right down the chimney.

Wow. Points for style.

Watching Qwote's performance cost her enough time that Elend, Tempus, and Kai-Lan had all went in (not that she'd noticed any of the three), and one Mogall had left, scouting out. Given that the creature read as allied on her UI, Ruby walked past and opened up the door becoming the fifth Eclipse Dragon to arrive. Somewhat low-energy, she gave a quick wave to her new guild members and introduced herself.

"Hi. In case any of you don't have names turned on, I'm RubyResearcher, you can call me Ruby, RR, or R2 for short I guess. I'm, uh... an equipment expert, I guess. If I was late, sorry, had a mixup on the location. Did get to see this one," she said, gesturing to Qwote, "pull a Santa, so uh... that was entertaining?"

Sticking her hands in her pockets and leaning against one of the walls, Ruby quieted down (not that she was exactly loud to start), though her eyes were roaming over her new guildmates, trying to inspect and identify their equipment.

Evergreen

Post by Evergreen » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:30 am

Invictus was late. He'd planned to be late sure, cool people were late to everything, but not actually late. Actually late was a bad thing. Actually late left a bad impression. Actually late was not cool and fashionable.

First, his bus home from the library had gotten stuck in traffic. Then he'd gotten turned around trying to walk home from where he was finally able to get off of said bus. He'd also forgotten that he'd logged off in Smash Central, which was still a fair jaunt away from Spiral Mountain. And most annoyingly he'd had to delete another dozen-ish messages that he'd received from his aunt's old guild. All this left him with exactly zero time to actually do any in-game work like he'd planned. He had to show up as-is, and he was still going to be late.

Invictus rushed through the streets of Smash Central toward the path that would lead to Spiral Mountain; bowling over a few other players as he went. He heard a couple people start to call after him, but stopped when they presumably saw his user name. That was useful at least. He hoped his new guildmates wouldn't be intimidated by it though. Well, hopefully enough to not ask questions, but not so much they'd actually be scared to work with him.

The trip to Spiral Mountain was a long one. Invictus had to walk through three different areas before actually getting to the path that lead directly into Spiral Mountain. And, unfortunately he had to stay on the main paths, lest he draw the attention of higher level enemies. This meant that his walk was even longer than it should be. He really needed to work on leveling up.

Upon finally reaching Spiral Mountain, having had to dispatch a few Waddle-Dees in the Dream Land area, Invictus made his way around the strangely shaped peak and to the landmark where the guild was meeting. He paused for a moment as he noticed a Mogall floating around outside, that was not a type of enemy he had expected to see in this area; it hadn't been on the list Soluna had included in the message at least. Thankfully he was paying attention and noticed it was flagged as an ally. He probably would have really annoyed someone if he had attacked it. There weren't any players outside though, which he presumed to mean that the meeting had already begun.

Damn, Invictus thought to himself, Hopefully Soluna isn't to much of a hardass.

Invictus made his way down to the quaint little cottage and stopped outside the door. He reached for the handle, but stopped. What if he walked in in the middle of something really important? He would hate to interrupt, but if he didn't go in he might miss the information. He thought about opening the door slowly, but it's not like he could sneak in could he? He wasn't sure what to do, so he just took a deep breathe and knocked on the door.
It's good to be home.