Infinite Skies Gaiden: Swashbuckler Saga

....glub glub

One on one and dueling RP's in here! Fight to the death at Coelacanth Coliseum!
QuarterCirclePunch
Quarter Pounder
Quarter Pounder

Infinite Skies Gaiden: Swashbuckler Saga

Post by QuarterCirclePunch » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:51 am

The light breeze traveled though the blades of grass along Cera Island. It was yet again another quiet day. Unlike the hustle and bustle of island traveling, the Island of Cera was quite relaxing and therapeutic. It was exactly what the muscular fish man, Jaws, needed.

The shark had been quite busy all morning. As a former prisoner, he was bound to Clayre's will. The Minister of Interior had him do a lot of caretaking, keeping Cera Island fully functional and operational. It was great for Jaws, the former pirate had quite a lot on his mind, and work distracted him.

Yet, Clayre had relieved him of duty. Which only let his mind wander into quite a stressed out place. It was only a few days ago that Jaws had decided to finally get some closure from his old crew- and face Captain Percival once and for all. But to his surprise, the Pirate Captain had escaped, along with the fire ninja, Toyota. How did the Pirates leave? Where were they hiding? And would Percival come back for Jaws? His former best friend certainly had changed since their humble beginnings on Laytid...

As Jaws lay down, he looked at the peaceful island that he himself had ravaged. The shark had come a long way since being a Gaath Soldier, or even an Antlion Pirate. He never wanted to destroy tranquility like this ever again...

"I 'ope Lotte and company come back soon." Jaws whispered to himself. He was hoping the boredom wouldn't last, he needed to keep his mind occupied.
If CERA was the DK Crew, I'd probably be the first member, the leader of the bunch that you know well, and I'd probably be back to kick some tail. - probably me

Tyroki

Re: Infinite Skies Gaiden: Swashbuckler Saga

Post by Tyroki » Sat May 02, 2015 2:45 am

Several weeks had passed since being left on Cera Island.
Initially our young swordslinging hero had one hell of a time adjusting to a quieter life.
Having spent half his years in the ever turbulent land of Lonsdale before joining the crew of Cera, the quiet was hard for him. Making matters worse was his addiction to gaining power.
However, with several weeks of little else to do, the boy had calmed quite significantly.
To combat the quiet, he had continued various trainings in swordsmanship and agility.
If he was going to improve, he was going to do it the right way.
He did these trainings for three to four hours a day based on a sort of schedule he'd worked up.

In fact, todays agility training was coming to an end.
The aspiring young pirate was using Cera and Artifice as a training course.
In fact, he'd even had the golems help him build certain structures to help him practice things like jumping between walls and creating various other obstacles.
You see, Bruce had come to an understanding during the early days when all he could do was reflect on the various happenings alongside the Cerans. He had considered the words of his tutor, Lu Zhang, his friend Jaws, and even his adopted sister Lotte.
They had all said meaningful things that he had simply ignored during his quest for cheating power after Lotte's near-death experience as a statue.
The understand that Bruce had come to was this: Work for it. Work hard for it. But this was not reason to avoid fun.

These things crossed the boys mind as he moved through a rope swinging course, barely even noticing the ropes and the thick mud beneath him. Soon, however, his training for the day came to an end as he approached a certain shark man, laying casually on the grass. The boy flipped over the shark man in a moment of pure show-offyness, landed on the other side, and flopped on to the ground next to him.

"Hey Jaws," he said with a grin.

QuarterCirclePunch
Quarter Pounder
Quarter Pounder

Post by QuarterCirclePunch » Sat May 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Jaws looked to his side, as he was joined by Cera's number 1 phasmatic youngster, Bruce. It was a bit of a blessing for the young swordsman to still be on the island, for Jaws at least. Getting left behind on Cera Island allowed the two to bond. A lot of trials and tribulations have happened since their initial meeting on Xaenos.

"Oi, you're up and at 'em, eh guppy?" The shark happily greeted his pal. "'Ow's the trainin' going??"
If CERA was the DK Crew, I'd probably be the first member, the leader of the bunch that you know well, and I'd probably be back to kick some tail. - probably me

Tyroki

Post by Tyroki » Sat May 02, 2015 6:43 pm

Bruce stretched out across the grass. It'd only been a few hours of training, but boy did that stretch feel good. He cricked his neck a little and stared up at the sky.
"Trainings going really well, or at least I think it is. Feels good at least. How'd the chores go?"

QuarterCirclePunch
Quarter Pounder
Quarter Pounder

Post by QuarterCirclePunch » Mon May 04, 2015 3:55 pm

Jaws let out a hardy laugh, Bruce was never one to back away from training. "You're much more agile then I was at yer age, lemme tell ya. Took me forever for Bluebeard to get me outta bed for training."

The shark sat upright to face the young swordsman before rattling on about his day. "The mansion's clean as a whistle, right up to Clayre's high standards o' course." Jaws took a swig of his flask of water. "Clayre and I are workin' on Leo's memorial statue later today, on break now the once."

Finishing up his flask, Jaws placed it right back in his overalls. "So, wanna put your training to the test again?"

Tyroki

Post by Tyroki » Mon May 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Bruce looked a tad solemn for a moment. He had been a right asshole about Leo's death, acting as if it meant nothing to him because he hadn't known the guy. In truth, while it hadn't hit him as hard as the others, he had been Lotte and Chika's friend. Something like that was horrible no matter whether you knew them or not. He hoped no more statues would have to be made.

Then Jaws offered another spar. "Of course," said the young swashbuckler with a grin. He rolled backward and flipped up on to his feet. Ever the one for being flashy, he quickly drew a sword of electricity from his scabbard and gave it a flourish. "I'm going to beat you this time, old timer!"

QuarterCirclePunch
Quarter Pounder
Quarter Pounder

Post by QuarterCirclePunch » Wed May 06, 2015 1:04 pm

Bruce was up and at 'em quite swifty after the Shark man suggested the duel, which caused Jaws to smirk as he rose off the grass. He took out another flask of water as he rose up.

"Don't be too confident, guppy." Jaws spoke as he dumped the contents of the flask out on the ground. Using his magic, however, the water twisted around Jaws's leg, all the way up to his fins on his elbows. As Jaws took fighting stance, the water shaped into two blades.

"S'only gonna hurt you when y'end up on yer butt in the end."

Jaws ended up making the first move, dashing toward Bruce and striking him with his right arm.